SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 30-06-12, 08:18 PM   #71
agy

Default Re: Improving comfort on the SV?

i didn't think i need all this stuff with new clip ons other than longer brake lines
Old 30-06-12, 08:26 PM   #72
Fozzy

i agree but you need to find out what you do need and the only way is the kind offer you have from rictus.
you really need to find out what would be the best option for you to provide comfort.

I have those bars fitted (as i have posted photos to this thread a few page back)
i have jacked my front end up and at the level i have my riser clipons it isnt a issue because i don't need the full +40mm they offer, the flatter bar and slight rise +20mm was enough for me to be comfortable.
Those £40 bars on ebay your watching are Accossato Risers i linked to them in this thread.
they are the same bars i linked to 2 posts ago where the user had to move his electrical loom and buy longer brake lines.
Old 30-06-12, 08:27 PM   #73
Fluffer

These ebay cnc ones look ideal for me.. been getting closer and closer to getting some kind of comfort kit but wasn't 100% as its a gsxr front end with clipons currently. Sure I read that the hel brakelines are just long enough so hopefully get away with current setup anyone had experience of these? As good a find as the cheapie levers that have done me so well for the last couple years?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Fluffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-12, 08:32 PM   #74
Fluffer

Just caught up with the thread fozzy and see you have the ebay 70quid ones and you seem happy so off to check my fork diameter tomorrow and might just treat myself!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Fluffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-12, 08:37 PM   #75
Fozzy

Fluffer your welcome to come and try them your not a million miles away.
Old 30-06-12, 08:43 PM   #76
agy

i still don't know what is the difference between these two:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Suzuki-SV6...#ht_500wt_1202

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2209776968...#ht_3894wt_952

which ones will come closer to me? i think my arms are too short!
you guys use too much tecchie lingo hence why I got lost a few pages ago and still haven't been able to catch up. LOL
Old 30-06-12, 08:46 PM   #77
Fozzy

Agy these
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Suzuki-SV6...#ht_500wt_1287
are these
http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=176399
read the whole thread there - he replaced the brake cables.
Old 30-06-12, 08:47 PM   #78
Sid Squid
No, I don't lend tools.
Mega Poster

I'd leave it alone and ride it some more. You're a relative novice, the likelyhood is that the bike will be fine when you're more relaxed with it and confident in your riding. And simply when more used to it it will feel different.

All the above suggestions are on possibly the most subjective aspect of any given motorcycle; comfort - it simply cannot possibly be judged whether a bike that's comfortable for anyone else will suit you, spending good money on it to find out it makes little or no difference will be most disappointing.
If an SV650 has a flat tyre in the forest and no-one is there to blow it up, how long will it be 'til someone posts that the reg/rec is duff and the world will end unless a CBR unit is fitted? A little bit of knowledge = a dangerous thing.

"a deathless anthem of nuclear-strength romantic angst"
Sid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-12, 09:07 PM   #79
agy

sid, it wasn't a case of a bit of discomfort. i was in absolute agony. i can't see myself getting used to it. the bars are just too far for me.
i'm going on a small road trip in august. i can't go with this amount of pain. i've got accommodation booked and everything so need to be ready to go. ufff...
Old 30-06-12, 09:09 PM   #80
agy

obviously not quite how i would be riding but would you not say my arms are a bit short for this bike?