SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 12-03-07, 10:47 PM   #1
NedSVS

Default Disc Rotor Loose At Rivets!!!!(Again)

Accidentally posted this in wrong section (dont know how), so forgive me if you have already answered or read this.

The front left hand disc rotor on my 2001 SV650S has become vey loose / sloppy at the rivets because the anti rattle spring washers have broken. Has anyone else experienced this, or know of a reason for it? I'd like to try and have it repaired as, although they have done about 24000 miles, they are otherwise in great condition (if you stick with genuine Suzuki pads wear is absolutely minimal). I vaguely remember there was a company who made replacement rotors to fasten to your original centres, using a rivet kit they supplied - does anyone remember who they are and if they are still in business?

Thanks again.
NedSVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-07, 11:26 PM   #2
BILLY

Default Re: Disc Rotor Loose At Rivets!!!!(Again)

The same has happend to one of mine and I;m currently saving for some new discs(TL/GSXR) it's down to wear and tare!