SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 09-12-04, 11:59 PM   #1
sv182

Default Leaking Fuel Tank

Has anyone experienced any problems with a leaking fuel tank? I have inspected all the tubes underneath the tank and they are all connected. I took it back to where i bought it from and they were supposed to have sealed it. Anyone know where I could get a second hand one? Its still under the warrenty they gave me but I need to get things going or they will never sort it. Its 2000 model in suzuki red. Any ideas?
Old 10-12-04, 12:36 AM   #2
nuntius

Under law you have the right to return the bike within a 'reasonable period of time' if it is not as was promised. Take it back, tell them that unless they fix it you will be requiring your money in full back (and any bike you traded in for it, as long as it has not been sold, and if it has , then it's trade in value).

And reasonable period has been defined as in excess of six months, depending on the problem.

And for the love of god, put your restrictor back in before you take it back.