SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 30-11-05, 01:31 PM   #31
Kate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitzer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceri JC

Aside from acceleration (and how often do we get to use that to its full potential, aside from the odd traffic light grand prix), filtering is one of the biggest advantages of a bike over a car in purely practical terms. If you don't/can't filter, a big reason why a lot of people use bikes for commuting (myself included) goes out the window.
I agree with what you are saying but I've seen far too many (non-confident) riders filtering when perhaps they shouldn't be due to their skill level.
Difficult to build the skill level without actually doing any filtering. Gotta start somewhere.
Old 30-11-05, 01:46 PM   #32
Ping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitzer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceri JC

Aside from acceleration (and how often do we get to use that to its full potential, aside from the odd traffic light grand prix), filtering is one of the biggest advantages of a bike over a car in purely practical terms. If you don't/can't filter, a big reason why a lot of people use bikes for commuting (myself included) goes out the window.
I agree with what you are saying but I've seen far too many (non-confident) riders filtering when perhaps they shouldn't be due to their skill level.
Difficult to build the skill level without actually doing any filtering. Gotta start somewhere.
Aye.
Old 30-11-05, 02:23 PM   #33
Jase22

Think this just needs to go out as a warning to filtering novices to be careful.

So long as you take it steady, you'll have near misses as everyone does, but you should stay rubber side down if you take it steady.

Plus, every once in a while I think a close call does you good as a warning that you are in fact no indestructable and perhaps trying to do a half hour journey in 20 mins at rush hour isnt' the best idea.