SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Tyres Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on this subject.

Old 10-05-05, 09:46 PM   #41
jon

Call me a tart or whatever but has anyone got any pictures of their SV with the roadattacks fitted?

Maybe i've a supressed rubber fetish but i like my rubber to look the part on the bike and while the road attacks look grand in pictures in the above pictures they look... well rather naff on the bike.
Old 10-05-05, 09:55 PM   #42
Cloggsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon
Call me a tart
You tart
Old 10-05-05, 09:55 PM   #43
sd1cko

ill post a reasonable piccy tomorrow afternoon for ya mate! (ittl be off my 6600 camera phone!) but for a rough idea hears a bandit 1200 http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...roadattack.bmp
Old 10-05-05, 10:00 PM   #44
sd1cko

Ive had people comment how how good they look an the SV given them being a narrow tyre in comparison to a 180 section, and asked what they were

They look rather good from the rear! Just hope a piccy will show them justice! i finish work at 2.00 tomorrow aft so will get round to posting the piccy for u as soon as poss
Old 10-05-05, 10:03 PM   #45
jon

Thanks

Look rather good on that bandit / in google... perhaps i'll be swayed yet (or when jonboy shows me his...)

Failing that it's some pilot's as they're the prettiest.

I'll get my coat....
Old 11-05-05, 10:30 AM   #46
Carsick

I've now hit the point of seriously looking to replace my conti front. It's done just only 9k now and is seriously squared off.
It still goes round corners ok, but it just can't handle ripples mid corners.
Had an interesting moment on a fast roundabout last night where the front edged onto a broken top rippled and then juddered wide.
Of course, we can't ignore the fact that it could just be me that can't go round corners.
Old 11-05-05, 02:45 PM   #47
SpankyHam

Just had them firred @ motorcycletyres.co.uk.

Awesome tyres! 30 miles home - chicken strips on the right : 1cm, on the left 3 or not many left bends....

They told me that another yellow SV was booked in today! I was there until 13:30!

Who is it ?
Old 12-05-05, 08:14 PM   #48
sd1cko

Heres the piccy as promised. Sorry its later than i said. I got roped into helping a friend remove the swingarm from his KTM Supermoto

Not a brill picture and doesnt quite do the tyres justice, but it was taken on a crappy camera phone

Old 12-05-05, 09:41 PM   #49
jon

Thanks for the picture, that's really helped. I think it's off to the tyre shop next weekend for some road attacks
Old 13-05-05, 10:21 AM   #50
Iansv

Roadattacks fitted yesterday, feel very difference to anything i've had before... Not sure if thats good or bad yet