SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 07-11-20, 05:16 PM   #11
redtrummy

Default Re: Spontaneous Hazard Lights - GSXR1000 K3

So its a thumbs down for alarms then! Several years ago our house was broken into whilst we were away. I had rigged up the alarm to work on the door between the kitchen and hall, they opened that and then scarpperd. Wrecked the kitchen window though. On another occasion the garage door was forced - that caused the alarm to sound and that saved the disappearance of my cycles. They had already had one go but a cycle lock had beaten them.
Now, different house I rely on an alarm disc lock - both on the SV and on the swivel drivers seat on the motorhome. I totally agree though fitting alarms to vehicles that are infrequently used is a right pain.

Like R1ffs suggestion - maybe worth while in the motor home, got a couple of spare phones
redtrummy is offline   Reply With Quote