SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 01-09-07, 08:38 PM   #1
Tim in Belgium

Default A good biking day.

Today has mainly been bikes,

Got up rode off to get new front pads, rode somewhere else to get oil and bike cleaner, rode further to get a map of Croatia, rode home (stopping to help a duke out) got back, cleaned chain, washed bike, fitted new front pads, adjusted chain/checked wheel alignment.

Went for a spin out to Helmsley with Robchester, then put the bike back in the garage.

A nice day all in all, think I like bikes.

Anyone else got tales of a good biking day?
Old 02-09-07, 12:43 AM   #2
melody

Default Re: A good biking day.

Well I'm looking forward to riding home later this morning.

Sunday mornings are just made for riding.
Old 02-09-07, 01:08 AM   #3
Tartan Terror

Last weekend I spent Friday night having the best 10 hours sleep ever and woke on Saturday morning to beaming sunshine!! Me and 3 mates got on the bikes (my SV, a CBR600, VFR and ZXR400) with our camping gear and headed off north past Fort William and onto the Bealach Na Ba to Applecross.

Went out for steak and beer, spent the night at the Applecross Campsite and then back the next morning to Oban before my 'spirited' ride home to Fife on the Sunday afternoon. Bar the odd bit of rain and a leaky tent everything was PERFECT!!
Old 02-09-07, 01:45 PM   #4
chakraist

The fife roads are awesome, I can't wait to head up there (when I have a bike :P), especially the road into st. andrews, amazing views and nice and twisty - plus, I noticed in Scotland they have much better road maintenance than in England