SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Soho Massive For the London based SV owners

Old 20-07-06, 04:11 PM   #1
rwoodcock01

Default Edgware road

When they shutdown the road to do the waterworks, I opted to come into London via the A40 (Kept going that route), but it just dawned on me that they might have opended up Edgware road (A5), is it open again? Or are there still diversions?

Cheers

Rich
Old 20-07-06, 04:15 PM   #2
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Which bits do you mean mate? Its a long old road that runs from Marble Arch all the way to Stanmore. Granted it changes names at some points but its still a big old road.

RAC routefinder normal gives traffic updates along the route too so you could plot a theoretical route along the bit you want and see if thats up to date. But i'm about 5 mins from Marble arch and i dint notice any roadworks this end of it.

hth
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-06, 04:44 PM   #3
rwoodcock01

Sorry I was refering to the Kilburn High Road stretch, I had a look on the AA website and did not see that there was no diversion, so I assume they have finihsed there work.

Cheers

Rich
Old 21-07-06, 09:31 AM   #4
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Oh, f i'd seen this last night before i left work Rich i could have gone that way and double checked for you.

I know this much tho.... the junction of Belsize Rd and Kilburn Hi Rd is still closed off and has diversions in place and parts of west end lane are being dug up too. So "expect some local delays" as they say on the telly.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Old 21-07-06, 02:36 PM   #5
cmit37

It is open now. Isn't the A40 wider and can you not use the bus lanes on it? I find Kilburn High road a tad slow and uncivilised(parents dragging their 5 year olds through cars etc) with pedestrians waiting to jump out from between cars.
Old 21-07-06, 03:12 PM   #6
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmit37
It is open now. Isn't the A40 wider and can you not use the bus lanes on it? I find Kilburn High road a tad slow and uncivilised(parents dragging their 5 year olds through cars etc) with pedestrians waiting to jump out from between cars.
Same here, West End Lane runs parallel to it pretty much and tho its a single lane road its much easier than kilburn hi rd.
Old 21-07-06, 05:36 PM   #7
Stig

I HATE the A5 Edgeware Road. I've been taken out three times on that damn road.