SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 24-03-07, 09:34 PM   #1
Rich
Mega Poster

Default New SV650s!!It's my dads!!(Now with pics)

It didn't take me long to convince my dad to upgrade from his gs500f to the SV650sport. And finally after alot of haggling and mistakes (shops fault) my dad picked up his SV650s yesterday. He managed to bag himself a great deal, £700 off the bike, a flame titanium oval scorpion, a fender extender, paddock stand, xena alarm disc lock and a tank protector (fitted with more bubbles than an aero, soon to be sorted).

He managed to get all this for free but not without having to climb a mountain. It took my dad in all about 5 weeks to get his new bike sorted, many a phone call was promised to my dad telling him that progress was being made, but as most of you know shops in general aren't very willing to return calls.

I decided to book up some holiday so i could join my dad to pick up his bike. I made the 200mile journey on my SV on wednesday ready to pick the bike up on Friday.

The big day finally came, we head off to the bike shop to pick up the new bike with exhaust fitted or so we thought . We get there and the bike hadn't even been delivered back to the shop from scorpion. So as a good jesture they let my dad borrow a new GSXR600 to kill some time. Off we go up to matlock for a burn out, abit wet which was lucky otherwise i might have been let lose on the beast.. After an hour we head back looking forward to seeing the SV650s with new rainbow exhaust. I arrive first and i start to laugh, my dad pulls up and sees his bike there WITH THE WRONG EXHAUST. My dad was fuming and went in and gave them what for. They had fitted the plain titainium instead of the rainbow.. And to just finish my dad off they had taken a picture of my dads bike with the wrong exhaust on to be posted on scorpions website as example.haha.

Well he got two choices, wait a week for the other exhaust or go to scorpion and get them to do it there and then, you can guess which one we chose. Map out and off we go to see mr scorpion himself thankfully only a few miles away.

We arrive to the warehouse (bigger than i thought) shutters open and in goes my dads bike. We go off for coffee. You can't fault scorpions customer service it was top class (coffee wunt bad either haha). After about 20mins new exhaust was fitted, we go take a look and there it was beautiful. As it should have been all along.

So with my dad happy and some faith restored we head off home.

A big thanks to scorpion, and as for the un-named bike shop they will be subject to some more bargaining (hugger) for the hassle and simple mistakes.

Pictures to follow!!

The gixxer and my bike at matlock !!!

Wrong Exhaust!!!

The Right Exhaust on a very nice bike. Oh look theres mine too, we're up at cat and fiddle!!!

Baffle now removed, wow sounds a different bike!!!

Last edited by Rich; 25-03-07 at 09:07 PM.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-07, 09:41 PM   #2
rictus01
Mega Poster

Default Re: New member!!It's my dad!!

So has he joined here yet ? Oh and pass on my congrats on a good choice.

Cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-07, 10:01 PM   #3
Rich
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rictus01 View Post
So has he joined here yet ? Oh and pass on my congrats on a good choice.

Cheers Mark.
Cheers Mark he's not a member yet but no dought he will be soon!!
Old 24-03-07, 10:10 PM   #4
rictus01
Mega Poster

Needs a black screen though

Cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-07, 10:41 PM   #5
sv650nutter149

not bad at all i like the exhaust and atchully the bike for once defo needs black screen though

ps dont normally do full faired bikes hope he gets on well with it, he probably ants the gixer now after riding it lol
Old 24-03-07, 11:14 PM   #6
StreetHawk

I think both the scorpian cans look good, have you got anymore pics of your bike (the blue/silver one!) as I may be getting one the same colour and doing some very similar mods..

Cheers, Nick
Old 25-03-07, 12:44 AM   #7
ASM-Forever

Exhaust(rainbow) looks nice
Old 25-03-07, 05:49 PM   #8
Quiff Wichard
Mega Poster

is good - you shudda pm's me - I live 15 mins from the cat n fiddle.! wudda got u a brew..

and how odd.. I was in taunton last week too.! dont u speak funny down ther.. -- (oops that'll kick fizz off)

bike looks ace

so I am interested- what did he say after getting off the gixxer and on to the SV?..
Old 25-03-07, 07:14 PM   #9
ASM-Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiff Wichard View Post

so I am interested- what did he say after getting off the gixxer and on to the SV?..
Damn
Old 25-03-07, 07:42 PM   #10
Rich
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_1871 View Post
I think both the scorpian cans look good, have you got anymore pics of your bike (the blue/silver one!) as I may be getting one the same colour and doing some very similar mods..

Cheers, Nick
http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=83731

Theres a couple more pictures on there, if you want anymore i got loads, all angles so ask away!

Theres a few more picture for you!

Last edited by Rich; 25-03-07 at 09:02 PM.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote