SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 09-11-07, 10:14 AM   #11
MiniMatt

Default Re: Directions - Craflwyn/Beddlegert?

Just wanted to say thanks Got there just dandy. I'm not really a fluffy kinda guy but boy are you folks lucky to live up there. It truly is God's country, un-fricken-believable scenery (we arrived at sunset, shining off the hills etc, looked amazing). The 4086 is an amazing road, perhaps too many tractors/trucks/caravans/sheep to make it a real spirited bike road (top corners, top road surface, but limited visibility) but really pretty.

Oh, my "welcome to Wales" moment was avoiding a punch up in Beddgelert (Saracen's Head?) with a guy who looked to have been on a heady concoction of Stella and amphetamines and took an unusual and deeply annoying interest in my hair for some reason. My policy is to avoid fighting anyone who's (a) bigger than you (b) has mates (c) has tatoos on his neck and (d) the day before a wedding
Old 09-11-07, 10:26 AM   #12
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMatt View Post
The 4086 is an amazing road, perhaps too many tractors/trucks/caravans/sheep to make it a real spirited bike road (top corners, top road surface, but limited visibility) but really pretty.
Meh! We have better..............

Yes we are damn lucky to live here (seems to be only me and Baph actually in Wales ATM). Glad you had a good weekend.
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-07, 12:24 PM   #13
kwak zzr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckypants View Post
Meh! We have better..............

Yes we are damn lucky to live here (seems to be only me and Baph actually in Wales ATM). Glad you had a good weekend.
you lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky man