SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 21-04-10, 05:54 PM   #21
simesb

Default Re: Thinking of buying a Gladius

The ER6 parallel twin is less jerky than the SVS/Gladius at low throttle IMO but does lack some of the character when giving it the beans. Depends what type of riding you plan on doing though.

Choosing a bike can be difficult - in the end I just got the one that grabbed my soul the most. If you are in the same situation, which bike do you keep coming back to look at regardless of its flaws?
Old 21-04-10, 05:57 PM   #22
Fishtits

I'm sure the Triumph is one of the best of the 600-ish nakeds... However I think i'd be happier with a cheaper bike.

My limit was originally £3k, and has been pushed up to just over £5k for the Glad already. If a decent Triple were about for the right money and the option of getting rid of my 125 i'd consider it, but for now the Gladius is looking the favourite....

It seems to be quite a Marmite bike from the reactions i've seen on various threads here!
Old 21-04-10, 05:57 PM   #23
Fishtits

Quote:
Originally Posted by simesb View Post
The ER6 parallel twin is less jerky than the SVS/Gladius at low throttle IMO but does lack some of the character when giving it the beans. Depends what type of riding you plan on doing though.

Choosing a bike can be difficult - in the end I just got the one that grabbed my soul the most. If you are in the same situation, which bike do you keep coming back to look at regardless of its flaws?
The Gladius in Red/Black and Blue/White....
Old 22-04-10, 12:43 PM   #24
LorryDriver

Hi,
I Have a SFV (gladius) it is my first bike straight from DAS, the company that I did my DAS with used them and I feel in love with the engine character. It's fun and easy around town and good in the fast twisty bits, it's also ok on the motorway up to legal speeds.

If you are spending £5k-ish go to a dealers and get a load of extras (new pipe, crash bungs etc) I got mine last year for new £4000 with loads of addons.

oh unrestriced makes a diffrance.

Last edited by LorryDriver; 22-04-10 at 12:47 PM.
Old 22-04-10, 01:09 PM   #25
barwel1992

depending what riding you want to do have you looked at a mt-03 its a big 660cc single has a sh*t load of torque not that fast (flat out about 105mph) and low on bhp but its very fast in traffic and twisty roads (handling is very fast and direct)

ohh and they can be made to look very nice

if not id take the hornet, better suspension, quality, can sound nice with a good can, not many about

hears my old mt-03

Last edited by barwel1992; 22-04-10 at 01:10 PM.
Old 22-04-10, 03:54 PM   #26
Fishtits

Well today I test rode the unfaired 650 Bandit and the Gladius....

... I pick up my '10 plate Gladius on Thursday

Thanks for all the advice everyone, was very much appreciated, especially for a newbie to the forums. The Gladius was just so much fun to ride, could throw it about quite a bit, and whilst the styling isn't for everyone I don't mind it.

I wanted a fun bike which I could develop my riding on and which is reasonably comfy, and this one fits the bill. Have added a tail tidy, a raised seat, and a front fender extender to it too.

So anyway, i'm pleased
Old 22-04-10, 03:56 PM   #27
LorryDriver

Congrats, what colour?
Old 22-04-10, 04:00 PM   #28
Fishtits

Blue and white in the end. Toss up between that and the red and grey, but preferred the white/blue combo.

The bike and the paint scheme isn't everyone's choice, but I like it!
Old 22-04-10, 04:06 PM   #29
LorryDriver

same as mine, I like the blue whit best
Old 22-04-10, 05:17 PM   #30
rowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorryDriver View Post
same as mine, I like the blue whit best
They have added another blue and white paint scheme for 2010, but think they still do the 09 colour for a couple of hundred quid less.
I quite like some of the new colour schemes.
Silver pointy sk3, tail tidy, single seat cowl, fairing lowers, smoke double bubble screen, carbon hugger and front mudguard, full race M4 system, K&N filter, GSXR1000K2 forks, wheel and discs, GSXR750 calipers, HEL braided lines, TL1000s clip-ons, Gilles rearsets, Chinese cnc levers, led indies.
rowdy is offline   Reply With Quote