SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 25-01-09, 07:18 PM   #1
metalmonkey

Default Ebay, getting a refund

Okay So I got some leathers off ebay (maybe that was the first mistake) and the seller said they would fit, which they don't 2-3 sizes too big so a lie on their part. Should have said as well, I called the seller they refused to give my money back, don't you just love idiots like that.

The question is how quickly can I get refund and how much of pain is it? Whats the deal with pay pal? I also paid by credit card, over £100 so there is some recourse there as well. Sigh why do things always go wrong at the same time?
Old 25-01-09, 07:23 PM   #2
BBadger

Default Re: Ebay, getting a refund

If you did it over paypal, you can dispute it there and i think they for free cover for under £150 i think.
You should be in the right aswell as he didnt describe the item properly.
Old 25-01-09, 07:26 PM   #3
maviczap
Mega Poster

Pretty easy with PAYPAL, just start a dispute within PAYPAL. Send the leathers back, asking for a refund, making sure yoiu send them by recorded delivery.

Once you've started a dispute with PAYPAL, it will take a lttle time to get your refund, but so long as you use one of the predetermined reasons within the PAYPAL dispute process, then you'll get your money back. It good to put as much as you can in the free text box.

Your reason will be either 'Item did not fit' or 'Not as described'. The latter would seem more apt in your case, but check what other reasons there are. Plus there is a free text box to add more to your reason.

The seller is given a chance to respond to you complaint, which is part of the reason it can take longer, if they dispute your claim.

I've used it and had it used against me, when I've been the seller.

Last edited by maviczap; 25-01-09 at 07:28 PM. Reason: add
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-09, 07:27 PM   #4
maviczap
Mega Poster

PAYPAL cover up to £500
Old 25-01-09, 07:29 PM   #5
BBadger

£500 ... though i was wrong, also you get almost a month to dispute ( again could be wrong ) so could take its time to sort out. Good luck.
Old 25-01-09, 07:30 PM   #6
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBadger View Post
£500 ... though i was wrong, also you get almost a month to dispute ( again could be wrong ) so could take its time to sort out. Good luck.
Yep, I think it's either 28 or 30 days
Old 25-01-09, 07:36 PM   #7
Berlin

If they were new leathers, you can send them back without reason, within 14 days. This applies to anything you buy online that is new. Not sure if it applies to second hand stuff.

I'm in the middle of a dispute with a seller at the moment via paypal. The bloke sent me a broken item and once the royal mail get their butts into gear and let paypal know my signed for delivery was delivered. I'll get a refund. But I won't get my return postage back which I don't think is fair.

If you send them back make sure they are send by signed for service!!

Good Luck!

C
Old 25-01-09, 07:44 PM   #8
metalmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by maviczap View Post
Pretty easy with PAYPAL, just start a dispute within PAYPAL. Send the leathers back, asking for a refund, making sure yoiu send them by recorded delivery.

Once you've started a dispute with PAYPAL, it will take a lttle time to get your refund, but so long as you use one of the predetermined reasons within the PAYPAL dispute process, then you'll get your money back. It good to put as much as you can in the free text box.

Your reason will be either 'Item did not fit' or 'Not as described'. The latter would seem more apt in your case, but check what other reasons there are. Plus there is a free text box to add more to your reason.

The seller is given a chance to respond to you complaint, which is part of the reason it can take longer, if they dispute your claim.

I've used it and had it used against me, when I've been the seller.
I have already started the dispute process, both on ebay and through paypal, but they have done nothing so far I would kind of hope to get the money back. What happens if the seller doesn't repsond to the dispute at all that I have started? Do I just get refund then anyway?

Do I have to send then back before I get a refund? Not being funny, but I want my money before I send anything I trust this person as far I can throw them, cause they would then have my money and the leathers.
Old 25-01-09, 07:49 PM   #9
maviczap
Mega Poster

Yes, if he doesn't respond then you'll get the money back, but I would send the item back, but by recorded delivery.

PAYPAL have to refund you, its your rights under the distance selling rules. But you can't hold onto the goods, you must send them back, otherwise you might just hold onto both!

Have paitence with the system, these things take time.
Old 25-01-09, 07:57 PM   #10
Thingus

I guess it's not an option in any way but wouldn't the costs yet to be incurred make it more worthwhile just putting them back on the bay?