SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 10-12-04, 05:35 AM   #1
grant arbuthnot

Default running on one cylinder in slow right hand bend

My SV650 of 2000 occasionally fails to deliver when asked in slow tight right hand bends. This behaviour is intermittent and appears to be less likely when the bike has just been serviced. It is most likely to occur turning right from standstill at an intersection; this is sometimes inconvenient in relation to other (larger) vehicles.

There are no modifications to the engine.

Has anyone else had this experience?

Is there a solution?

Grant
Sydney
Australia
Old 10-12-04, 10:19 AM   #2
zx6man

could it be the sidestand switch causing problems???
Old 10-12-04, 02:02 PM   #3
Scooby Drew

It sounds like the engine is starving fuel. If it has carbs, the float bowl could be set wrong which means that when the bike is leaned at a certain angle, there is not enough fuel in hte carb and because the engine is starting from idle (when taking off) there is no velocity in the fuel air mixture to create enough of a vacuum to pull more through.

That's a guess...
Old 10-12-04, 03:32 PM   #4
plot241

I'd have to agree with Scooby.

I had a similar problem with my K1, every time the bike went off centre it would stall on me. In a straight line it was fine, but lean it over and it would stall. Bit of a problem if you wanted to go around a corner!

Took it into the garage they emptied and reset the float bowls and I haven't had a problem since, and that was 9 months (3,500 miles) ago.

Gary