SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 16-10-12, 02:39 PM   #161
Teme

Default Re: Dr350 rebuild

Hello, found this thread at max suz and thought ill register here too Man thats a clean bike!
I got a DR too and its almost at the same state as yours. Bought it last Feb and rode it maybe 1000km during the summer. Was hard to start hot and clutch was crap so I did some rebuilding. Replaced the cam chain and clutch disks/springs and sanded the basket. Ive thought of going SM but its so expensive and I want to keep the knobbies. I dont like the old look so I got RMZ 450 plastic kit and installed front fender and rear fender + side panels are going on too, they just needs brackets. Headlight will probably be Halo or from Husaberg if I can find one. I also got a new seat cover and its waiting to go back. I reshaped the foam a bit too, it looked so old and blocky. So same point as yours. What exhaust is that? How much were the sm wheels?
Old 18-10-12, 07:11 AM   #162
BBadger

Hey teme. Get to it...makes for a whole new bike and even though it will never be a drz or rm its always fun.
looks like we are in the same sort of place just a few final bits to get sorted but if your like me it will never be finished and there will always be something more you want to do, half the fun i think.
The wheels i found online for £200 ish delivered which was quiet a good deal i think but they are hard to come by.
Morad rims ( which i have ) seem to be dam good quality so i wouldnt bother forking out for excel ones and re lacing is a doddle. Had never done it before and after a few reads and the odd vid on utube took me a few hours to get both wheels true and tight with new tyres.
Good luck and get to it before the bad weather sets in...not that it seems to affect the dr.
Old 01-04-13, 01:07 PM   #163
BBadger

its been a while, but university and the fact id rather get out on the bike than spend days in the garage means not alot has happened until now.

ignore the wonky headlight its not mounted so i can get to the loom.

new seat cover , and flattened it out as well not to bad for a home job i think and some bar risers that were a steal on ebay.

new mirrors and dash with home made bracket for dash and ignition barrel.

looking alot sleeker finally.

and just finishing up mounting the speedo sender.

final things to do come summer.

re-spray the tank
raise the rear slightly and swap in the polished un marked swing arm
new brackets for front indies
possibly a larger front disc if the budget stretches ( or the gf lets me dip into the holiday fund )

Last edited by BBadger; 01-04-13 at 02:10 PM.
Old 01-04-13, 08:54 PM   #164
rb8989

Love it, read the whole thread. Really like my SM and couldn't be without one!
Old 03-04-13, 03:01 PM   #165
BBadger

Thanks RB. I know what you mean given the choice ill take the dr over the zxr any day its just more fun all the time.