SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 20-09-10, 05:01 PM   #11
BBadger

Default Re: Dr350 rebuild

The wheels are the standard hubs that come with the bike laced to morad rims.
they didnt ever do an actual road dr i dont think just waked some road tyres on the huge front wheel.

and flebay no: 200518998298 is the can and link pipe which ill grab some good pics of tomorrow when i dismantle it down.
Old 20-09-10, 05:04 PM   #12
BBadger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv4me View Post
Looking good so far will be interested to see how it turns out

Slight derail but how hard is it to modify 1 of these to a supermoto? I've been hankering after a small SM for a while and the DRZ400-SM took my fancy but ain't got that kind of dough
wheels are the biggest input really.
i think i new set of rims spokes all laced up to the wheels would cost just over £300 brand new....or seen some that have gs500 wheels on them and they look pretty cool...and you get the bigger brake, also dirt cheap you only need spacers made up.

Front brake is a wee bit small. think 250mm? there are 270 ones with a braket for mounting the caliper out there but limited by the fact the earlier models 90-97 only have 4 bolt holes where as the 98-00 have 6. but theres a whole list of changes from 97-98.

Last edited by BBadger; 20-09-10 at 05:05 PM.
Old 21-09-10, 05:04 PM   #13
BBadger

ok so rebuilt front brake but the rear dust seal doesnt want to sit right....and the piston was pushing it out and will start destroying it....but the old and the new are the same size so im abit stumped. help anyone?

stripped down and painted the oil line connections in hammerite smooth black and they have turned out pretty good.

also got the frame back
will grab pics tomorrow but £80 in a gun metal grey and its absolutely brilliant. Now just a matter of putting things back together and cleaning up the engine and forks.
Old 21-09-10, 05:46 PM   #14
Specialone

Out of interest, how much can you pick these up for?
Old 21-09-10, 06:06 PM   #15
squirrel_hunter
Mega Poster

Those braided oil lines... Where did you get them from looks interesting?

May I add here, GG is awesome and I think I am in love with Stretchie...he rocks my world!

SH2 | 2MA | GROM | YSR
squirrel_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-10, 06:32 PM   #16
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBadger View Post
ok so rebuilt front brake but the rear dust seal doesnt want to sit right....and the piston was pushing it out and will start destroying it....but the old and the new are the same size so im abit stumped. help anyone?
Are they a seal which is not square in section? If so try it other way up. Also did you use a bit of grease?
Old 22-09-10, 09:45 AM   #17
BBadger

about £1k seems to be the average going price.

and squirrel i got them at a place in isle-worth called "think automotive" only cost me £12.50 for all 3 lengths cut to the right size.

ill flip the seal over and try again but it really only seems to be the dust seal thats causing me the issue.
Old 23-09-10, 05:18 PM   #18
BBadger

As promised some new pics of the frame...although i forgot to take any of the fmf can. Was getting abit dismayed with only having a frame and cleaning things so i decided to put it back together to give me some insperation.

1st things 1st though.
Thanks to spannerman and a lil trick with superglue the carb went back together with a 140main jet ( from 128 ) and a new longer tapered and multi step needle. Had a good blast with the carb cleaner and is squeeky clean inside.

Shiny Shiny frame ( cost £80 for shot blast hot coat and powdercoat yey )

forks still need to be stripped and then polished and other bits cleaned and then all torqued up and done!
Shame most of the old bits are so tatty compared to the frame.
Old 24-09-10, 09:41 AM   #19
robh539

Looking good, the frame is mint, I maybe asking for there phone number at some point in the future.

keep the updates coming
Old 24-09-10, 11:00 AM   #20
BBadger

This is the lot i used.

http://www.microblastservices.co.uk/

tbh updates are going to dry up now as my uni course is moving me to nottingham so no major work till christmas as i just wont have the time as i leave tomorrow

shame really as its just sitting waiting to go back together bar a few little things that need greasing and cleaning.