SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 18-11-09, 07:42 PM   #11
liamsimpson

Default Re: Converting Naked to faired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine View Post
The RS fairing looks better than standard curvy fairing how easy would it be to fit a RS fairing?
Would I need a SV or RS front subframe?
you would need the sv subframe if you wanted to keep the clocks but would need to modify it to take the rs fairing or visa versa depending on how far you wanted to go.
Old 18-11-09, 07:48 PM   #12
sunshine

so you mean walk next door and ask the local welder to make something custom to fit the SV clocks and as much sv as possible and the RS fairing.
And would i need to use clip-ons instead of my bandit bars?
Old 18-11-09, 07:58 PM   #13
liamsimpson

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine View Post
so you mean walk next door and ask the local welder to make something custom to fit the SV clocks and as much sv as possible and the RS fairing.
And would i need to use clip-ons instead of my bandit bars?
yes basically, you would have to use the clip ons as you wouldn't get full lock on bandit bars (MOT Failure).
Old 18-11-09, 08:03 PM   #14
sunshine

Ok then i don't like the riding position of a SV with clip-ons. so I might not make it faired.
Old 18-11-09, 09:18 PM   #15
disco

To anyone out there - It would be awesome to see another post (just like liam simpsons polishing thread) that showed a naked being converted to a faired and vice versa. (I think so anyway - anyone else agree?)
disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-09, 09:19 PM   #16
disco

preferably a pointy
disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-09, 11:27 AM   #17
Guy

I'm sort of in the process of converting from Fair to Naked, but not out of choice. Bike went for a spin and cracked some of the fairing Really should sort it out but I've been lazy.

Don't suppose the old clocks are for sale?
Old 12-01-19, 05:15 PM   #18
bigdawg

Default Re: Converting Naked to faired??

Hi I’m brand new to riding and my first bike is 2007 sv650 and I want to I want to convert to a faired. I see a fairing kit but don’t what else I would need(brackets, bolts, etc.). Any advice would be appreciated
Old 13-01-19, 07:18 AM   #19
andy650

Welcome BigD, It would be a lot of hassle and cost, not worth it IMHO.

People usually go the other way, the faired ones are pretty common, nakeds not so much.
andy650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-19, 12:08 PM   #20
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

If you're after wind protection then contrary to what you'd expect the S half faired version doesn't stop you getting hit with wind. It tends to just flow that wind in a certain way. I find I'm getting cleaner air around my head (so less wind noise and buffeting) now I've converted to riser bars on my S version (equivalent to the bars that are on the Naked) and am sitting more upright. That's because when lower down on clip-ons, the fairing was directing the wind straight into my face. The fairing is ok for protecting torso from wind buffeting, but unless you get a really high screen you're not going to escape wind altogether, just change where it goes and what it hits.

If I was you I'd look at a fly screen or screen options for your naked version to channel or control the wind flow and keep the bars etc as they are. Probably not what you want to hear as it sounds like you're set on converting, possibly for aesthetic reasons too?

As already mentioned, most people convert from the S clip-ons to risers / more upright bars as the clip-ons can be agony for longer journeys. I've done this recently and am so glad I have.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote