SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

2010 Annual Rideout Discussions & info on the 2010 SV650.org's annual rideout

Old 22-07-10, 08:33 PM   #41
lily

Default Re: Dogs at the AR

Quiff, I know how you feel, as a child I wouldn't go near a dog, my parents actually didn't get one because how scared I was. Even when I met drew I still had a fear for them, but with his parents dog you couldn't not like dogs. It just seems that over time I have got use to dogs that I know. I still won't go near strange dogs and will also check when at GG's if ok to go near the dogs just cause. Can still get worried when go to somebodies house not been to before and they say I have a dog.... its more the barking that scares the living carp out of me (and still does)

x
Old 22-07-10, 08:33 PM   #42
lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwheel View Post
Yep course you can

this AR just got so much better! lol
Old 23-07-10, 08:06 AM   #43
Quiff Wichard
Mega Poster

after the Gm we popped down to Kilteds house and he has 2 dogs big black labradors... AND Murphy was there cos Ralph was on holiday .. so I had 3 to cope with .. was Ok with it .. but only cos Marc kept his 2 outside.. mand went mad and said it is their house their routine.. let them in dont worry about Dave..

I show you the result in a min.. I ended up in their 6 foot cage in the utility as they patrolled outside.
Old 23-07-10, 09:12 AM   #44
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

+1 to Fizz...BUT

probably just Squirrel...lol. He will just melt into a ball of love and sit like a statue absorbing all your cuddles

Saffie won't do anything but want to love you (think Ludo in the Labrynth), but she's a big girl and can fell a tree with her tail!

Hollie absolutely loves people but...you can be stroking her for maybe 10 seconds if your lucky, then she'll get bored and fly off to find a leaf or blade of grass for you to play with OR....a fly will go past while stroking her and she'll jump in the air and try to catch it.....not the best for people nervous with dogs.

Stig, well...he's more nervous of you than you are of him, so best not bother with him at all....he likes being completely ignored so that he can build a little trust in people.....after that, he is the biggest softie in the world, but because of his fear...He'll never be trustworthy, so will usually have a muzzle on!
Old 23-07-10, 09:13 AM   #45
Milky Bar Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruntygiggles View Post
+1 to Fizz...BUT

probably just Squirrel...lol. He will just melt into a ball of love and sit like a statue absorbing all your cuddles

Saffie won't do anything but want to love you (think Ludo in the Labrynth), but she's a big girl and can fell a tree with her tail!

Hollie absolutely loves people but...you can be stroking her for maybe 10 seconds if your lucky, then she'll get bored and fly off to find a leaf or blade of grass for you to play with OR....a fly will go past while stroking her and she'll jump in the air and try to catch it.....not the best for people nervous with dogs.

Stig, well...he's more nervous of you than you are of him, so best not bother with him at all....he likes being completely ignored so that he can build a little trust in people.....after that, he is the biggest softie in the world, but because of his fear...He'll never be trustworthy, so will usually have a muzzle on!

Awww likkle Stiggles!
Old 23-07-10, 09:15 AM   #46
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Bar Kid View Post
Awww likkle Stiggles!

Hehe...you've spent so much time with them they listen to you as much as they do to me and Dan....same with Squirrel_Hunter and BaP is getting there too. Saxo is the same when he's down...it's great
Old 23-07-10, 09:23 AM   #47
Milky Bar Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruntygiggles View Post
Hehe...you've spent so much time with them they listen to you as much as they do to me and Dan....same with Squirrel_Hunter and BaP is getting there too. Saxo is the same when he's down...it's great
It's just cos they instantly loved me and could tell that I instantly loved them!
Old 23-07-10, 09:26 AM   #48
lily

I must be honest to start with I loved the puppies more and was careful around hollie and stig.... but now I love them pair more, as they listen to what you say and can play fetch with the pair of them for hours
Old 23-07-10, 09:29 AM   #49
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lily View Post
I must be honest to start with I loved the puppies more and was careful around hollie and stig.... but now I love them pair more, as they listen to what you say and can play fetch with the pair of them for hours
They're not bad.....they are not jumpy uppy, running all over guest kind of dogs as they've never been allowed to do that. People come in and the dogs run out to find toys...lol. They've just learned they get attention when it's invited, so they don't bother pestering people for it

Yes.....Stig and Hollie playing fetch is just hilarious.
Old 23-07-10, 09:29 AM   #50
Milky Bar Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by lily View Post
Absolutely nothing wrong with being careful around a dog you are not sure of Lily, sensible I would say!