SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 06-07-18, 08:20 PM   #6001
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

I used that for a while, now switched to another tryptan that is similar but dissolves under my tongue. It means I don't need to sleep after taking it. Today I'm headache free, even had a massage with a brilliant sports masseur I know. Ouchy but effective.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Old 09-07-18, 09:04 AM   #6002
Craigg

Sunburn
Craigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-18, 10:09 AM   #6003
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

I have tried so hard not to put a gripe up about the heat but as Craigg has broken the seal... Hands up who else is fed up with day after day of 30 degrees? I know some of you may not have this issue but here in the Shires it is crippling. Riding the bike is a sweaty hell as I refuse to wear less than my leather strides. With all the liners out and vents open my textile jacket is not too bad but I just don't want to go out in it now. And my lawn is pretty much dead now, after all the effort I put in during April of scarifying, aerating, feeding and careful trimming. And my veg garden is looking threadbare as the plants that usually germinate and thrive in spring didn't get one (it went from snow to summer almost overnight here) so my yield this year is going to be paltry. Stuck at home for weeks job hunting has not helped as despite strategically placed fans it is roasting in here. Thankfully I start a new role tomorrow in what looks like a modern air conditioned building as I cannot spend any more time hanging out in the freezer isle of Sainsbury's as the security guards are getting wary of me. And don't get me started on hedge pruning in this weather - I have to do it in the evening when it's a bit cooler, which irritates my neighbours, but I have to get it done without keeling over with heat stroke!

I feel a bit better after all that. Will go and polish the bike now as it's not too bad in the garage.
Old 09-07-18, 11:14 AM   #6004
BoltonSte
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
I used that for a while, now switched to another tryptan that is similar but dissolves under my tongue. It means I don't need to sleep after taking it. Today I'm headache free, even had a massage with a brilliant sports masseur I know. Ouchy but effective.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Have you looked into getting a Daith piercing? My sister in law, niece and wife have suffered, although no where near a bad as you it sounds like. This has helped a lot.

My wife used to get migraines weekly and they have stopped since getting it done, although it could well be a placebo effect as the mind is pretty powerful.
BoltonSte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-18, 12:31 PM   #6005
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Trev View Post
Hands up who else is fed up with day after day of 30 degrees?.
I am, we have lived overseas in hotter countries but they are geared up for their weather and the houses are built to suit. Our lawns are history after careful aerating, cutting and feeding earlier in the year to coax them back into life - even out deep rooted shrubs are wilting in the daytime because roots cannot get water to leaves fast enough. If we go on like this I will have to get a Kikuyugrass lawn put in... (tropical grass with the texture of astroturf).

Not sleeping at night makes everyone cranky and listless. Too hot to even play golf - and high pollen is horrible for hay fever sufferers like me (and even the non-drowsy tablets turn you into a zombie). I like it better below 20degC thank you.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-18, 02:43 PM   #6006
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650rules View Post
I like it better below 20degC thank you.
Snap!

Sorry you've not been getting the same weather BoltonSte but those of us who have are fed up of it. Just back from a quick therapy run to the local garden machinery shop (proper kit, not the garbage you get in DIY sheds) and I saw 31 on the external temp in the car at one point. Yuk. Luckily as I was perusing the very nice hedge trimmers the showroom was air conditioned so I took my time. Fatal though as I now have a Stihl long reach battery job which has emptied my wallet somewhat but definitely belongs in the smile thread. Now if it would only cool down a bit I can go out and test it.
Old 09-07-18, 03:14 PM   #6007
maviczap
Mega Poster

Apart from my garage being a sauna to ride my turbo bike, I'm enjoying the weather. However, as we're on the coast, we're getting a cool easterly which has meant it's been ok. Only at night is it a bit too warm, but as the last few years have been miserable and cold in June and July, I'll take the heat.

I nearly made myself ill after doing a session on my turbo trainer, but it's probably good conditioning for my trip to France in a couple of weeks
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-18, 03:26 PM   #6008
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Definitely not complaining. I love the heat - give me more!

A few overnight showers would be good to freshen up the hedgerows though.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-18, 03:47 PM   #6009
admin
John T
Mega Poster

I was moaning about winter dragging on a couple of months ago. So now I've got what I wished for. (perhaps a bit more than I wished for)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Old 09-07-18, 04:46 PM   #6010
Bibio
Mega Poster

new neighbours.. all their fekin kid does is screeeeemmmmm. that and their fekin dogs barking all the time. wish they would fek aff back down south.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote