SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 04-02-15, 05:08 PM   #421
ahmedf

Default Re: Accessory Distribution Gizmo Group Buy

The 600RR uses 3 position Sumitomo connectors for the brake light/plate light. But I already had a wire coming off the License plate light that was not being used from a previous accessory.

So all I did was remove the "Black" wire from the SV plug and play mini loom you included and then solder it into the existing wire that was tapping into the license plate. Then all I had to do was plug the gizmo all up so it's now plug and play

So good to see the accessory lights go off when I turn the ignition off. Going to sleep like a baby tonight, no worries! LOL.
Old 04-02-15, 05:39 PM   #422
Bibio
Mega Poster

ahhh i see what you did. you could have saved yourself a lot of bother using the supplied blue connector and using that on the wire coming off the licence plate.

all sorted now though and yes you can sleep sound knowing that your heated grips and such like is OFF.

thanks for buying my Gizmo

Lance
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-15, 05:41 PM   #423
ahmedf

Honestly Lance. I'm not a fan of those connectors. I prefer the connections to be a lot more solid.

Look forward to more future products
Old 04-02-15, 05:43 PM   #424
Bibio
Mega Poster

neither am i but they do serve a purpose for people wanting a 'quick easy fix'.. lol
Old 04-02-15, 05:45 PM   #425
Bibio
Mega Poster

ok i have drafted up some instructions that will be sent out in the next batch explaining how to fit the Gizmo and its fuse ratings.

i have sent the draft to chip boy chucca to see if he understand it and if so then everyone will..
Old 04-02-15, 05:47 PM   #426
ahmedf

100% agree Lance. For those not comfortable working on their electrics or for ease of use etc they are a god send!
Old 04-02-15, 05:48 PM   #427
carelesschucca
Mega Poster

chimp boy is going to read them properly once he's been fed an had a fight with Sky.

i will get back to you this avo.

sv650s (gone) gsx-r600 (gone) Street R675 (now living in Inbhir Nis )
carelesschucca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-15, 01:33 PM   #428
steve-sv

Arrived today, quality piece of kit.

Many thanks

Steve
Old 05-02-15, 02:25 PM   #429
Bibio
Mega Poster

superb.

i'm going to be making a slight change to the design, the relay coil trigger wire will from the new batch (1 left of old) Blue as i think it will help people identify what connector to plug into as the T-Tap is blue and the brake light switch will be blue cable as well. the 2 connectors will each be put in a separate zip bag labelled as connector 1 and 2. i will also be adding basic instructions with power capability.

Lance
Old 05-02-15, 02:27 PM   #430
Bibio
Mega Poster

Gizmo Fitting Instructions

Foreword:
Never tap into your motorcycles main loom unless absolutely necessary, always tap into removable components such as side lights and tail lights. the reason for this is that if a fault occurs you can repair/replace the component rather than the loom. its easier to take a component off the bike onto the bench and do a good job of a repair.

Connecting the Gizmo to your motorcycle:
1. connect the RED cable with the eyelet to your motorcycle + battery terminal.
2. connect the BLACK cable with the eyelet to your motorcycle - battery terminal.
3. place the Gizmo in a convenient location on your motorcycle and secure it.
4. route the main power cables that have bullet connectors on the end to the connectors that you attached to your battery and plug them in remembering the polarity (red goes to red and black goes to black).
5. connect one of the supplied ignition live feed connectors to a suitable point in the wiring harness of your motorcycle (please read the Foreword at the start of these instructions).
Connector 1 is a connector for most Suzuki and other motorcycles to connect via the rear BRAKE LIGHT SWITCH and not the rear light. the switch is connected to your rear brake pedal/lever usually via a spring, follow the wiring from the switch up until you reach a connector. if the connector is the same type as connector 1 then just separate the two halves of the brake light switch connector and insert connector 1 in line.
Connector 2 is to tap into any wire that is live when your ignition is on, you may need to check this using a multimeter. to use the connector simply place your section of wire on top of the metal fork then fold the plastic body over and press over the cable. if using a side light or other lamp the always tap into the feed supply and not the return. if the lamps blows and you use the return then you will loose power to the Gizmo.

6. Connect the spade terminal on the blue wire on the Gizmo to the connector 1 or 2 you installed.

Gizmo power ratings:
to find the amperage of the accessory you will be using on any of the outputs the formula is: watts ÷ voltage = amps
an accessory that draws 100w and is 12v the maths would be 100 ÷ 12 = 8.33amps
the total maximum amount of amps that the gizmo can supply is 25amps.
the 25amps is divided between the 3 outputs.
each output has the maximum capacity for 15amps.
the gizmo is supplied with a 15amp and 2x5amp fuses which is the total maximum allowed. you can however swap fuses around as long as the 3 fuse ratings don't exceed 25amps. for instance you could use 2x10amp and 1x5amp or 1x2amp 1x8amp and 1x15amp.

if anybody has trouble understanding the above instructions could you please say so and i'll change them to make it easier for everyone. (i'm comprehension dyslexic)

Last edited by Bibio; 24-09-15 at 05:26 PM.