SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Pennine Massive For those readers based up north.

Old 16-03-06, 12:09 AM   #1
Ablazze

Default Academy Days..?

Has anyone done one of these days ?, im such a bad rider i was thinking it might be A, fun & B, more importanly teach me some skills & improve my confidence ..

Hottrax Academy

Hottrax are proud to introduce new type of motorcycle circuit based events, the HOTTRAX ACADEMY

ACADEMY events are not track days and are aimed squarely at 3 groups of riders with their own machines, Novices, Improvers and Intermediates.

The ACADEMY event is designed to give you a structured training course with plenty of safe and enjoyable track time, lots of instructors, classroom based study and practical advise. Think of this event as being more advanced than a riders skills day and below a track day. This is not a track day!

ACADEMY events are available to absolute circuit beginners through to riders who have done maybe 10 track days
Riders must use their own motorcycles (we can hire you a YAMAHA R6 at extra cost). These machines must not use slick or wet tyres. Normal road treaded tyres are critical in this type of training environment. Any type of bike over 400cc may be used from a full road bike to a track prepared one. Tyre warmers are not allowed and are indeed not needed as part of the ACADEMY course deals with Tyres etc
We will have around 12 exceptional instructors on each day with 1 to 1 instruction and up to 7 riders in a mini group within a group. Your instructor will stay with you all day for tuition and advice etc.
We will run in depth briefings on the circuit and motorcycles including cornering, braking, rider position, acceleration, overtaking and hazard avoidance. Cones are used as guidance for apex and turn in points so you can see where you should be going.
The day will include classroom sessions with subjects like Tyre Technology, Suspension Setup, Bike Preparation and post session briefings.
All riders will receive a detailed circuit guide on the day which explains every corner in detail.
Professional photographers from Fresh Orange will be at every event taking digital photos of all riders at extra cost
On bike video services from Bikecameras.com will be available at extra cost to record your experience
Detailed course and safety briefings will be given to all riders with an extended and separate briefing for first timers at every ACADEMY event
Usually 3 groups at any day – Novice, Improver and Intermediate
FIM International and ACU license holding instructors at every event
The day starts with signing on at 7.30am and we get on track at 9.30am. The day finishes at 5.00pm and we take 1 hour for lunch
The last sessions of the day are free sessions so you can put into practice what you have learned.
All riders and bikes are identified with coloured stickers and either armbands or bibs. This means your instructor can find you and you should be able to find your fellow group members easily for conversation and after session chat.
Choose your group below based on these criteria

Novice Group - First time on the track or you have done 1 track day and didn't like it

Improver Group - You have ridden on a track before and done a few track days

Intermediate Group - You have had some track day experience and are fairly confident about your riding

Jas...
Old 16-03-06, 12:57 PM   #2
Ollie

Default Motraxx

Sounds intresting to me.

Where did you get you're info from?
And it which circuit do they hold their sessons?
Old 16-03-06, 04:41 PM   #3
Ablazze

Quote:
Where did you get you're info from?
And it which circuit do they hold their sessons?

http://www.hottrax-online.com/produc...roducts_id=345

Jas...
Old 17-03-06, 09:50 AM   #4
GSXR Carlos

why's everything so expensive?
Old 17-03-06, 11:54 AM   #5
Ollie

Sounds quite good.

Is the price any good as I havent done a track day before but seems ok?

Would this type of thing be any good for complete learners?
Old 17-03-06, 01:30 PM   #6
GSXR Carlos

that's why i was thinking of doing it, but there's no way i can afford £160 at the minute/near future

if i could afford it i'd definiely consider doing one

paypal donations accepted
Old 17-03-06, 02:58 PM   #7
mudge32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl PO51 MYV
that's why i was thinking of doing it, but there's no way i can afford £160 at the minute/near future

if i could afford it i'd definiely consider doing one

paypal donations accepted
Dude, when you're a fully fledged "whateveritwas", you'll be HOOOOOGELY loaded
Old 19-03-06, 08:37 AM   #8
FUBAR

Default spondulicks / moolah / greenbacks /

In fact Mudge, he will be so hooooooooooogely rich he will be able to afford to stand me a coffee and a bacon sarnie !!! whooooooohoooooooo roll on filling me v10 out and getting back on the road !!!!!

Are the fuds still about or have they hibernated ???

is the world still round ?

Is Mudge really that old ?

Is Carl really that young ?

Old 19-03-06, 02:54 PM   #9
mrs fud

Hi honey \/

Of course we are still around, Dave was out and about on the bike yesterday while I was working hard earning the money towards the new one

It's not us who's been hiding matey!!!!!!!!

How's Sharon and the boy's?

See you all soon

Jo.