SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 12-06-09, 05:04 AM   #1
BanannaMan

Default Dream or Nightmare?

Seems I've won some really huge award at work!!!
Well chuffed about that.
And "the powers that be" say I'll be arriving in Orlando, Florida two weeks from today to accept that award in person.

Comes with a dream vacation (my wifes dream anyway) like nothing we've experianced before. First class, 5 star everything.

First Class flights roundtrip. Food, Hotel, even money to spend.
Someone holding a sign with my name on it at the airport... and a car to drive us to the hotel.
Another car to pick up our luggage and bring it round to our room...As well as transportation for wherever else we might need to go over the weekend.
Free Day at any of the Disney parks while we're there.
Night time will have cocktail socials and awards receptions as well as the awards ceremony itself to attend.
Hob knobbing with the snobs. The so called "good life". My wifes dream vacation.

She's quite thrilled when she finds out. Then she takes one look at me and says," You're not excited ?" (you know how women just know)
"No", I say. "I hate crowds, cities, talking about work and people who have to have someone else drive them in a car".
"You have to go! It'll be fun" she says.
Then she laughs and says , "I know , You'd rather be out somewhere in the middle of nowhere riding bikes with your mates."
" Yes!" I say..."Exactly!!!...that's me!"

Anyhooo... I'm glad to have won the award but dreading the ceremonies.
Wear the right shirts and say all the right lines with a big smile the entire time. Have to be my absolute best, tip top, professional self 24/7 for the whole blinking 4 day trip
They can keep that silly highclass lifestyle.

Dream for the wife, Nightmare for me.
Am I the only one???
Or would you given the choice rather be on a rideout with your mates???
(I'll be missing one that weekend)
Or... like my wife says...Am i just a grumpy old git who should go on and have a good time???

"The Mountains are calling and I must go"

BanannaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-09, 05:35 AM   #2
Dicky Ticker

Default Re: Dream or Nightmare?

Like yourself,I prefer to be in company of my choosing,with friends who can say whatever they like between themselves knowing that they are true friends and nobody will take offense. Being out in the country on some quiet back roads,stopping and chilling out where ever you please, away from the rat race. This is a simple pleasure but so rewarding and difficult to explain to some people.
At times we have to make a sacrifice to keep our other half happy,so look on the bright side,its FREE and you can gain loads of brownie points.
Old 12-06-09, 05:40 AM   #3
Tiger 55

You grumpy old git! You can ride any time, let your wife live the dream for a few days.

But please don't feel you can't get roaring drunk and tell everybody exactly what you think of them. What are they going to do, sack you?
Old 12-06-09, 05:44 AM   #4
Lissa
Just Ballast
Mega Poster

I'm with you, Bill. I'd hate all that!

Pete, the bike, and the open road is all I need.

I'd Rather Have Two Big Bangs Than Four Little Strokes
Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote