SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

South & West Surfers Just for the guys and gals in the south and south west of the UK.

Old 03-01-08, 09:10 PM   #1
glade

Default Castle Combe May?

Castle combe's first bike track day is in April, but i'm thinking of booking a day in may (for better weather and so i can wear out my tyres beforehand and get a fresh set!!)

I meant to do a track day last year, so got myself some leathers... but then never got round to it!

It'll be my first time so if there are any other novices (or helpful experts!) who want to go along it would be great!!
glade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-08, 09:39 PM   #2
squirrel_hunter
Mega Poster

Default Re: Castle Combe May?

Umm...

I could be up for this depending and all that. Not done a track before would really like to though, maybe this year.

However they have a strict noise limit, I know my last exhaust failed so be warned. Luckily they don't mind you coming down before hand to get your bike checked out so I strongly recommend anyone interested in doing that.

May I add here, GG is awesome and I think I am in love with Stretchie...he rocks my world!

SH2 | 2MA | GROM | YSR
squirrel_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-08, 09:54 PM   #3
glade

Yeah i was thinking of popping up to get the bike sound checked with the baffle in...

Luckily its no effort to stick the standard can back on for the day if needs be.

Have you got a standard can you could fit??
glade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-08, 10:59 PM   #4
squirrel_hunter
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by glade View Post
Yep, though I don't like riding a sewing machine. Oddly it actually pops louder then my race can, cause me fuelings foobared. However I do have a spare Rene from the twins that I haven't used, that should be enough to get through the day if needed...

May I add here, GG is awesome and I think I am in love with Stretchie...he rocks my world!

SH2 | 2MA | GROM | YSR
squirrel_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-08, 08:09 AM   #5
cuffy

I personally wouldn't recommend Castle Combe as your 1st track day, IIRC they don't segregate groups into - Novice, Intermediate and advanced, They just get a group of 15/20, send you out with an instructor and then it's a free for all, also you get quite a few privateers (sp) up there testing and it can be quite daunting if it's your 1st time out being done up the inside by people far more experieced than yourself.

However. If you do decide to do it then good luck, i've only done the one track day and it was fooking brilliant
Old 04-01-08, 05:05 PM   #6
hovis

llandow in cardiff is ok, they do split you into groups, but its basicly just an oval track, with a bit added.?
Old 04-01-08, 05:09 PM   #7
hovis

Old 04-01-08, 08:11 PM   #8
phil24_7
Mega Poster

I'm planning on doing my first track day this year, was looking at Brands hatch and Pembrey though Brands may be a bit daunting for a first track day!!

I'm not here for a long time, I'm here for a good time!

Blue SV650 K3, GSX-R K5 front end, TL1000S clip-ons, lower fairings, seat cowl, gel seat, Pyramid undertray, R&G crash bungs, stainless steel bar ends, full titanium Akrapovic exhaust, Power Commander, clear rear light, flush mount front indys, mini rear indys, Autocom 300 duo intercom, Acumen cat 1 alarm and Micheline Pilot Power 2ct's.
phil24_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-08, 09:57 AM   #9
Ollie_07

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil24_7 View Post
I'm planning on doing my first track day this year, was looking at Brands hatch and Pembrey though Brands may be a bit daunting for a first track day!!
Me too, was considering Llandow just as a first one, would like to do Coombe but also heard about the noise restrictions.

Donington and Brands Hatch are the ones a would really love to have a go on though!!
Old 05-01-08, 07:57 PM   #10
flibble

Quote:
Originally Posted by glade View Post
Yeah i was thinking of popping up to get the bike sound checked with the baffle in...

Luckily its no effort to stick the standard can back on for the day if needs be.

Did my first trackday at Combe last year. Was indeed awesome! Do it, do it...

I put the standard K6 can back on and from what I remember it was about 93db. Then went again later in the year and left the Remus Tri-oval can and that was 98db (think it's prob same as your can, but prob still best to get bike checked if you're nearby)