|07-01-13, 10:23 PM||#1|
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Out in the Fen where no one can hear you scream! Formerly Guildford Massive!
AR 2013 Information Thread.
Rideout with camping based in the Hampshire countryside.
Friday 21st June 2013 to Sunday 23rd June
• Basic camping field in grounds of a country pub for the Friday and Saturday nights
• Hard standing motorcycle parking
• Separate road-side hard standing marshalling area
• Onsite Pub with restaurant.
• Petrol station within 100 yards
• Local, popular Biker café within 100 yards
• Venue is at the convergence of the two key motorcycle A-Roads in the area
• No neighbours apart from Pub, Petrol Station and Café so able to make moderate noise
• Excellent local roads which are well travelled by the GM ride-out attendees
• Varied route taking in various roads from fast swoopers to hard-core nadgery
• Run leadership from experienced GM run leaders
• Marking support from riders with local knowledge
• Thick skinned organisers who will have no problem at all in ignoring unwelcome input.
The event is to be free of charge. Any donations made by attendees will contribute towards the costs incurred by the organisers with any surplus being shared between the local Air ambulance charity and the sv650.org forum fund.
Please PM for further information.
This event is not covered by any insurance provided by the organisers, all attendees will journey to/from and take part in the event entirely at their own risk.
GMAR 2013 will use both of the two acre fields behind the West Meon Pub. These are regularly used by other car and bike clubs. The pub will lay on a “pay as you go” BBQ for the Saturday night.
The hub of the GMAR is the West Meon Pub. This is a fairly large pub at the cross-roads of the A32 and A272 which themselves are two of the best bike roads in Hampshire.
Opposite the pub is a 24hr petrol station with 8 pumps serving regular and super-unleaded. It also provides diesel for anyone who requires such filth. Typical petrol station confectionary, snacks, papers, mags, toiletries are also available although restricted access after core hours.
Next to the petrol station is Loomies. More about Loomies later!
Camping and Beer drinking
Camping in the field behind the West Meon pub.
2 fields each of about 2 acres. Not a formal camp site but the field is often used by other car and bike clubs. We have secured use of the fields for free so long as we use the bar. The field has no real facilities however we can use the pub toilets while the pub is open and we will provide a porta-loo for the weekend and pub manager is looking into providing a water supply of some sorts.
Just outside the pub is a surfaced lay-by adjacent to the A32. This will make a fantastic pre-ride marshalling area as it’s right alongside the pub and road.
Camping – Yes
Camper vans - Yes
Water – Possibly
Power – Possibly
Showers – No
Food – Pub restaurant + loomies + McD’s 10 mins down road
Food gain – The Pub can establish a “Pay as you go” BBQ for the Saturday night.
Petrol – Just over the road
Alternative accommodation – Premier Inn 10 mins down the road in Petersfield and numerous other local hotels and B&Bs
Super market/off-license – 10+ mins drive
Loomies, a biker café about 100 yards from the camp site.
We’ve spoken to the owners of Loomies and they are very keen to help us have a mega-weekend. As well as staying open as long as we need them they are keen to combine our event with one of their own events which could be a dealer day, a trade day, the air ambulance or possibly a band night.
Ride out plans
No ride-out plans but local maps and advice will be provided for those who get there and want to go out.
Ride broken into stages. The ride will include:-
• A good mix of roads suitable for typical road-bikes (no green-laning or similar)
• Appropriate stops for snacks and fuel
• Appropriate stops for lunch
• The ride will start and end adjacent to the camping venue
Markers Brief 0900
Riders Brief 0930
Fuelled up and ready to roll 1015
Ride start 1030
Return time TBC.
• The ride will NOT venture into Guildford!
• Ride to south coast for anyone who wants it if weather holds out
Working with Loomies to see if we can incorporate one or more of their events including but not limited to:-
• Trade stalls
• Dealer days
• Bouncy castle
• Air ambulance
• Jelly Wrestling
This will not be part of the AR, just coinciding with it.
Google Map Link for address etc.....https://maps.google.com/maps?q=west+...h&z=16&iwloc=A
Crispi qui labium gusset et bludgeon umida clunge
I've travelled to a parallel Universe, seen time running backwards, played pool with planets and given birth to twins! But I never ever thought in my entire life I'd taste an edible Pot Noodle!
Last edited by dirtydog; 04-02-13 at 10:04 PM.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Bodmin: 31st Aug-2nd Sept-(information thread)||daddyjob||Guildford Massive||4||19-08-12 09:26 PM|
|AR 12 - Information||Supervox||2012 Annual Rideout||1||17-02-12 06:24 PM|
|Plan'O'Man Information and Final Signup Thread||ManxMatt34||Rideouts & Meetings||14||30-03-10 09:29 PM|
|For Your Information....||Balddood||Idle Banter||4||25-03-06 10:16 PM|