SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

2009 Annual Rideout Discussions & info on the 2009 SV650.org's annual rideout

Old 14-04-09, 09:20 PM   #81
plowsie

Default Re: If you have any AR organisation complaints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post
it might end up as **** as last years venue.
I give him permission to dig you for that, that was rich

Old 14-04-09, 09:39 PM   #82
Messie
The Teacer
Mega Poster

Quote:
I give up all i want to know is what i get for my money. i.e is there a shop on site, do i have to pay more for tokens for the showers, is there a cafe/resturant on site maybe to get food at breakfast or dinner. But know one seems willing to give a straight answer. I didn't think it was to much to ask, and when organisers start getting defensive about it then it makes me a bit nervous about where my money is going, it might end up as **** as last years venue.
ANSWERS - All provided in previous posts, but repeated here for the hard of reading

Showers are included in the price as is electricity. Showers are in a brick built block but I havn't checked inside that yet.

It's a PUB. There is no shop. There will be food available for purchasing from the pub. I am still negotiating breakfasts, hence the recent poll. There may be a hog roast on the saturday evening.

see here http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=122667

and here http://www.huntsmanandhounds.co.uk/
although the marquee seen in the pictures will NOT BE THERE
Old 14-04-09, 09:44 PM   #83
diamond

Thank you, i could see there was showers but i'm sure it said no where that they were free.
As for the breakfast and hog roast i assume these will be at an extra charge, this will not be a problem it is just nice to know.
Old 14-04-09, 09:52 PM   #84
Messie
The Teacer
Mega Poster

See post #40 of this very thread
Old 14-04-09, 09:55 PM   #85
diamond

That answers the shower question thanks.

Perhaps retrospectively telling us a cost before every thing was confirmed was a bad idea, details feel a little vague and i'm like a dog with a bone when i'm spending money.

I think i will avoid the threads about this until nearer the time when i might be able to get the final details about whats going on.

Last edited by diamond; 14-04-09 at 09:59 PM.
Old 14-04-09, 10:07 PM   #86
hovis

Quote:
it might end up as **** as last years venue.
maybe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Messie View Post

PS We are hiring a venue. It's not the same as a campsite. You will not have to pay anything extra for electricity, showers, parking, motorhomes or special hugs from Bear. Additional costs for any person attending will be for their own food, drink and petrol (and all the other costs of running their own bike/car/motorhome)
so whats the differance between a "venue" and a campsite? i cant see the need for electric if your in a tent

Last edited by hovis; 14-04-09 at 10:32 PM.
Old 15-04-09, 01:20 AM   #87
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
And spending £20 or so more makes you feel like you're being ripped off
Yep.
Old 15-04-09, 06:52 AM   #88
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Quote:
I give up all i want to know is what i get for my money. i.e is there a shop on site, do i have to pay more for tokens for the showers, is there a cafe/resturant on site maybe to get food at breakfast or dinner. But know one seems willing to give a straight answer. I didn't think it was to much to ask, and when organisers start getting defensive about it then it makes me a bit nervous about where my money is going, it might end up as **** as last years venue.
But you are asking in the wrong thread - this is the bitching thread, not the answers thread.

The answers thread has been temporarily closed because of the bitching - hence the bitching thread.

Normal service will be resumed...... when everyone stops bitching I assume....

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-09, 07:53 AM   #89
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

I've unlocked the AR09 megathread, so if anybody has a genuine question that they feel hasnt already been answered then they can ask it in there.

This is a forum, by its very nature its should be open and accessable to all.

That means that
  • If you want to ask a question then you should feel that you are able to
  • Your question should be answered or you should be directed to a thread or post that contains the answer
  • If theres no present available answer, the issue will be looked at and an appropriate answer found to your question, if its a tricky issue further work may be required so dont expect an answer straight away.
  • If you're not involved in organsing the AR, then STFU and let the people who are doing the hard work in the background answer the question. I dont want people who are not sure whats going on being persecuted or some kind of witch hunt being instigated against people who have asked a genuine question.
  • If you want to moan, fine get on with it, use the moaning thread but try to remember that your negative comments, may spoil other peoples perception of what I believe is going to be an excellent weekend as these weekends alwaya are.
I think we need to move this forward and we wont do that if people have questions that arent being answered or they dont feel like they can ask for fear of being shouted down, this is not what the forum is about and its not the spirit of our forum. I've noticed before that when people feel that their voice or opinion is being surpressed that the actuall issue or problem bubbles away and will keep re-surfacing in other shapes or forms until its answered or dealt with properly.

If you dont feel able to ask on the open forum, then drop a PM to one of the organisers, Or your quite welcome as always to PM me.

Fizz

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-09, 09:38 AM   #90
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwheel View Post
If you want to moan, fine get on with it, use the moaning thread but try to remember that your negative comments, may spoil other peoples perception of what I believe is going to be an excellent weekend as these weekends alwaya are.
I'm done here. Hope it's a good un for y'all.