SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Pennine Massive For those readers based up north.

Old 15-08-10, 12:38 PM   #1
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Default A PM bid for AR11

As it seems peeps are getting excited for the next one, and organisation earlier rather than later is key, I would like to be first to poke my head over the parapet to ask our lovely people to think about if they could offer anything in our very large area.

I have already spoken to the Dalesbridge centre in Austwick nr Settle this afternoon (which we used at AR07) and the nice chap said initially we would be more than welcome to come back again for AR11. On their website they even have a nice picture of some bikers on one of their fields.

http://www.dalesbridge.co.uk/accommodation/camping.htm

They are more than capable of handling a large group, as they have expanded from last time, and will be again during this winter. As I have been before, and stated in IB, it would be a perfect starting point to be looking at as a venue. I am picky about toilets, showers and generally what you get for your money...if I don't like, I won't go, simplez!
They have a few bunkhouses, large fields for campers, a bar, food, function rooms, toilets, showers, hard standing parking etc etc etc. Although he did say he wouldn't be too keen on outside catering being involved, as they do catering anyway, and should be able to do it for us. They do still allow for BBQs, but I'm not overly keen on that idea, as it has not always proved completely successful.

He did say that they are booked pretty much already for two Bank Hols in May, and also for the weekend of 24th/25th June. Food for thought later.

As you can imagine I am a very busy girl next year, but am willing to try at least show that us oop Norf are worthy of putting on a show for the forum, even if the masses decide its not where they want to be.

There have been other suggestions for Northumberland, and I ask if there is anyone with a serious head on their shoulders who would like to offer their part of the world, please put their head on the block and come forward.

We do have a large area to cover, so if there is someone in the Lakes who would like it to be there, again please come forward..and anyone else who can seriously undertake the organisation properly.

Many thanks for reading.

OVer to you people.

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12

Last edited by dizzyblonde; 15-08-10 at 12:41 PM.
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-10, 12:47 PM   #2
davepreston

Default Re: A PM bid for AR11

hello
Old 15-08-10, 12:58 PM   #3
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Hello Dave....are you now my wife??

Old 15-08-10, 01:06 PM   #4
orose

One thing I noticed was looking at the PM user map the other day, I think Northumberland may be a non-starter - theres no-one up there to put their head above.

Sounds like a good plan to me though, as it shouldn't be too hard to find something interesting around the dales to tempt people in.
Old 15-08-10, 01:18 PM   #5
davepreston

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyblonde View Post
Hello Dave....are you now my wife??
great a promotion from being your b1tch
Old 15-08-10, 01:26 PM   #6
pmapp
Mega Poster

Pmapp reporting for duty

If at first you don't succeed - use more gaffa tape.
pmapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-10, 01:26 PM   #7
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by orose View Post
One thing I noticed was looking at the PM user map the other day, I think Northumberland may be a non-starter - theres no-one up there to put their head above.

Sounds like a good plan to me though, as it shouldn't be too hard to find something interesting around the dales to tempt people in.
Well there are one or two, but its if they have the time and patience to undertake the job! I would welcome a bid for Northumberland, as I've never been and told its a wonderful place, but unfortunately I am way too far away to see if its a viable possibility seeing as I've come forward.

Co-ordinating an event wouldn't be a problem for me personally down this neck of the woods, I have a phone, am a reasonably diplomatic person, have a car, I'm in all the time on maternity, but its reccieing places with a baby attached would be somewhat distracting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepreston View Post
great a promotion from being your b1tch

Whooop whooop a Pmapp on board!!! So we do have some peeps ready for duty

We do need people who are willing to find routes, go to campsites and nit pick, find them for starters, at least we have a head start with one....anyone else?

Last edited by dizzyblonde; 15-08-10 at 01:29 PM.
Old 15-08-10, 01:38 PM   #8
timwilky
Mega Poster

I would love any route that gets in Shap and the kirkstone. One for the fast blat and the other to enjoy the edge of the lakes without being overly touristy.
Old 15-08-10, 01:43 PM   #9
Richie
fantabulas
Mega Poster

Dan and his missus organized one in Northumberland but it got pooh poo'ed out for the 2009 one, so I think thats when Dan had enough of this place and has not been a recent poster since :0(

I on the other hand don't know what I'm doing from one week till the next...
Old 15-08-10, 02:18 PM   #10
littleoldman

Hey Dizzy, Just checked this out on Google maps the scenic route to / from Hartside looks wonderfull. Looks Good.