SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

South & West Surfers Just for the guys and gals in the south and south west of the UK.

Old 06-05-10, 09:12 AM   #1
Amanda

Default Ride-Outs and Meets in the South

Oh great and mighty org.....

I have some £40 cheques to give out for a promotion running in store. They literally are just that, £40 FREE available on all purchases (exc. Sale) over £160. BAR-GAIN

This is the "helpy" bit. I have 1,000 of them to give away and need to find out what other meets are in the area to go to and distribute them. I went to Poole Quay this week, am there next week for the Ducati team and the 18th for the Traders event.

Where else in the area has a big meet place?? I would go to Loomies but its a bit too close to the Southampton branch to warrant it.

HELP......
Old 06-05-10, 06:40 PM   #2
Amanda

Default Re: Ride-Outs and Meets in the South

Found out that Weymouth are starting a Bike Night as from next Thursday.

Apparently "Sunnyfields farm" is no longer but there is a break away group somewhere else. Some weird name that will be attended by Julie from the Southampton store.
Old 06-05-10, 08:12 PM   #3
-Ralph-

Sure you'd get sent at least a hundred SAE's to put them in off here and you won't need to find so many bike meets
Old 06-05-10, 08:24 PM   #4
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

There is a bike meet at Clay Pidgeon near us on Wednesday nights, not sure if it has started up again though

http://www.southerncountiesleisure.c....php?id_pag=66

And also there used to be, but not sure if there still is a bike meet at Hunters Lodge Pub near Wincanton, again not to far from us

http://www.hunterslodgeinn.com/bikers_night

Both would be a bit of a trek, dont know what the Clay Pidgeon night is like, but the Hunters Lodge night does get rather busy...

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-10, 08:30 PM   #5
christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ralph- View Post
Sure you'd get sent at least a hundred SAE's to put them in off here and you won't need to find so many bike meets
Nah, it's just advertising leaflets by the sounds of it.

Quote:
Spend over £160 and get £40 off

This offer is available in-store to ALL Hein Gericke customers (you do not require to present either a copy of this email or a Hein Gericke £40 Off cheque)

*Offer excludes previously discounted & special order items, Gift Vouchers/Giftcards and orders placed with the Hein Gericke webshop.
Amanda, have you thought about dropping a few in doctors surgeries or somewhere not so "biker" central? Most of us will either be signed up to the newsletter or have heard about this instore or from friends so we don't need you telling us about it again (my opinion of course).

If you put them in places you might not expect to find us them there could be family or friends of people who might need gear. An aunt or uncle wondering what to get etc.
christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-10, 09:07 PM   #6
Amanda

Chris - Although the email mailshot says you don't need the voucher they are great as advertising as they are literally £40 "cheques". I gave out loads on Tuesday at Poole Quay so either there are alot of people not signed up to the email or they don't read them. I'm just being proactive and getting the message out to a target audience. LOL Or finding an excuse to go on a bike meet jolly

Fizz - thanks for those ones, I will look into them esp. the Hunters Lodge.

Ralph - Yeah if you like LOL but you can pop into your local HG and pick one up.
Old 08-05-10, 07:52 PM   #7
Wideboy
Evel Knievel
Mega Poster

the sunnyfields "spin off" group is in the same area somewhere i think as the new forest and the marchwood area in particular is always busy with bikes on a Thursday night.

IIRC HG tried doing a bike night in southampton centre by the bargate ruin (were the market now is) a while ago but it failed quite badly, TBH it was a stupid location as it was hard to get to and there was nothing there food wise ect other than a burger king

there is Alton train station on wed nights which can be busy at times although i used to go pretty much every week i haven't been for a while so couldn't comment. I've never seen HG southampton at loomies but if you are thinking of going it is at its busiest on wed nights because of the alton meet............ and i do mean busy you struggle to get into the car park on a good evening

there is mudeford quay which is just downt he road from you, i only went once it was fairly busy but I've forgotten what day it was on so you'd have to find it in

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis
Wideboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-10, 07:56 PM   #8
Wideboy
Evel Knievel
Mega Poster

oh and swanage is sometimes rammed on sundays.... its usually full of ghey harleys but there are a few proper bikes there

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis
Old 08-05-10, 07:58 PM   #9
Amanda

The spin off from Sunnyfields is Gang Warily on a Thursdays.

..... and there is Avon Causeway starting on Mondays.
Old 08-05-10, 08:07 PM   #10
Wideboy
Evel Knievel
Mega Poster

ah cool blackfield.... better location

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis