SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 11-02-08, 01:07 PM   #1
Cypher

Default Fairing Question

Hi there,

Im new to the forum, and im interested in getting an SV650, im not sure if there is a certain model of the SV that comes with the complete fairing kit (example of what i mean is a bike covered in panels i.e. GSXR/CBR etc..).

Anyway, basicly, im asking is there a certain model of the SV650 that has the panels, or can they be put onto any model? i have tried to look for any extra brackets that could be used, but im new to the SV so i havent got a clue ha!

Thanks.
Old 11-02-08, 01:30 PM   #2
Pedro68

Default Re: Fairing Question

If you want a fully faired version, then I guess there's a few options:

1. Go for the SV650 Sport (which I believe comes with full fairings already installed).
2. Get yourself a SV650 S (bikini-faired version), and buy a set of "lowers" for it (you can get them for either the curvy '99 - '02, or the pointy '03 > onwards).

Suzuki do their own (OEM) lowers for about £375 - £400 (at least that's how much I've seen them for the pointy's).

Or you can get something like powerbronze lowers (slightly different shape).

You may also want to consider whether or not you will install crash bungs, as some fairing lowers will be designed with crash-bung installment in mind, whilst others (IIRC) will require you to drill holes in the fairings in order to mount the crash bungs.

HTH and hope I got the information correct, but am sure one of the regulars with a little more knowledge of these matters will soon shout otherwise
Old 11-02-08, 01:34 PM   #3
New Leaf

The SV650S comes with a top fairing as standard and you can buy optional fairing lowers to turn it into a fully faired bike - kinda like a monotone gsxr.

There is also the special edition SV650 sport than comes with the lower fairings fitted as standard, and also with a pillion seat cover painted to match the bike.

The naked version SV650N cannot (very easily) be turned into a faired version. There are a few other differences that mean the SV650S farings do not fit without loads of buggering about.

Hope that helps.
Old 11-02-08, 01:34 PM   #4
New Leaf

dam - was beaten to it.
Old 11-02-08, 01:42 PM   #5
Pedro68

That's ok ... you still made some good points and also added to the bits I'd missed (like about the seat cowl, and the fact that turning a naked into a faired bike is an ar$e of a job)
Old 11-02-08, 01:46 PM   #6
nomad

Hello

Suzuki do the SV in two versions:

The SV650 - No fairing, upright riding position.
The SV650S - Half fairing, lower riding position.

A full fairing is not standard on the SV models, however Suzuki does a offer full lower fairing set as an accessory for the SV650S (I think it is about £400) and I believe they now supply it discounted with a new bike (I think, £100 extra).

I hope that is of some help.
Old 11-02-08, 01:48 PM   #7
nomad

Damn, totally beaten to it.
Old 12-02-08, 11:26 AM   #8
Cypher

Ok i understand now. Its hard to get hold of the 650S due to it being relatively new, none the less, thanks for your help guys.
Old 12-02-08, 11:34 AM   #9
Lozzo

The S has been around since 1999, the same time the N was released. There are probably more S models than naked ones around.
Old 12-02-08, 11:35 AM   #10
Cypher

if so more people are selling their naked that the paneled