SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 17-11-15, 07:43 AM   #1
mister c
Mega Poster

Default Bikes you've owned

Following on from Richie's other thread about your 1st bike, thought I would start this one. Let's see which bikes you've had in your past.

Here's a few of mine.

1st bike ever. Suzuki X5 200

Suzuki X7 250

Suzuki FR50

Honda CB200, bought as a non runner for £20.

Honda CBX550

Neval Minsk 125

Suzuki GS250T with Sidewinder sidecar. Passed my test on this.

1 of 2 XJR400's I owned. The other was a Kenny Roberts rep. That was stolen before I could get a picture

Kawasaki GPZ500. I blew this one up!

Moto Guzzi Mille GT

Moto Guzzi V50

Laverda 650 Sport

My 1st SV. Loved it, had a nasty crash & wrote it off. Nearly 5 months off work, but got back on a bike as soon as I could.

Still on crutches when I bought my 2nd SV. This evolved over 3 years into one of the best rebuilds I ever did.

My 1st Track bike. I bought this from a Motorcycle training school as a bog standard CB500 & converted it myself.

2nd Track bike Yamaha FZR400

My favourite track bike. I regretted the day I sold this & hold the Isle of Man responsible after telling me I had a job there & not sending me the work permit.

CBR600 That never saw the track. This bike was possessed. Fully rebuilt & everything went wrong with it, so got parted out & still caused problems when it was apart.

Peugeot Speedfight. Fully race prepped 70cc, new rollers, 100cc carb etc etc etc. Cost a fortune, did over 70mph, but I looked a complete kn0b riding it, so sold it to a spotty oik for a pittance.

SV1000.

Another CBR600. Had a play with this, then sold it on.

Triumph Daytona 955. This ended up being knicknamed Blue Poo. It gave me so many headaches when I bought it, but once they were solved, it ended up being a brilliant bike.

That's about it, other than a CX650 Eurosport that I haven't any pictures of. I did own quite a few 70s 2 strokes, but they never saw the road, so haven't added them.
These are the bikes I own now.

Triumph Sprint 955. My love hate relationship has carried on with this bike for 3 1/2 years.

Honda CBX550 F1. My long term restoration.

My ZXR750. total rebuild from a £300 wreck. I love this bike. Not on the road just yet, but will be very soon.

My Gladius. Wish I'd never bought it now. It's 6 months old & only has 1800 miles on the clock

Rebuilt this for the missus to do her CBT on Suzuki GN125
mister c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-15, 09:26 AM   #2
Cymraeg_Atodeg

Default Re: Bikes you've owned

I've only had three and the photos are on here in the profile albums.

Nice collection you've had.

Which one do you miss and which one did you hate owning (if any)?
Old 17-11-15, 01:42 PM   #3
mister c
Mega Poster

Default Re: Bikes you've owned

The one I really miss, strangely enough is the Mille GT. I've wantewd another Guzzi ever since, but haven't been able to afford one.
I didn't really dislike any of them. The Neval was a proper Eastern European pile of cack, but I only paid about £15 for it, so I couldn't complain.
mister c is offline   Reply With Quote