SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 13-11-04, 11:27 PM   #1
chog

Default Advice on value needed

After 2 great years of SV ownership the lure(howl) of a big jap four has finally won.
I am in serious negotiations with Mrs. Chog re trading in the SV.
My problem is I have no idea of its value and was hoping for some advice from all you peeps in the KNOW.
heres the spec.
SV650S, 1999 on T plate, 13,000 miles, black. 2 owners 10 months tax and test. extras include scott oiler, belly pan, seat hump (plus standard) iridium screen(plus smoked and standard), quill carbon race can (plus standard) dyno jet kit to suit pipe. hugger,undertray, mini indicators, braided brake hoses all round, red anodised engine,fairing and tank bolts(plus standard), polished heel plates, chromed rear brake torque arm, stove enamelled red wheels, tank guard, the bike is in immaculate condition.
I would be grateful for any ideas of prices for a private sale or dealer part ex.
CHOG
Old 13-11-04, 11:38 PM   #2
RenamedMonkey

I believe you will be advised to sell as many of your extras individually, as you can. Extras don't add much to the bikes value, and you will certainly get more if you sell on their own... if you can be bothered
Old 14-11-04, 12:28 AM   #3
Wiltshire7

bad time of year to sell, but if u gotta do it, u gotta do it

ive recently looked everywhere for prices of sv's and i dont think ive seen a single one with as many mods as yours, so price wise its hard to compare.

Maybe other people with these mods have taken them off as monkey has adivsed.
Old 14-11-04, 11:35 PM   #4
Cloggsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiltshire7
bad time of year to sell, but if u gotta do it, u gotta do it
As Wiltshire says... Wait 'til Spring (if you can) There'll be plenty of 'punters' after new machines in the spring
Old 15-11-04, 09:37 AM   #5
splke

Sorry but i don't want to upset you
Old 15-11-04, 10:53 AM   #6
Jp

Sell the parts off individually, im sure everyone on here wont be complaining either!

Try to get the bike as standard as you can, as extra's dont add much value, and people if they are looking to mod up their bikes, would most probably want their own parts on it, not somebody elses
Old 15-11-04, 12:11 PM   #7
Bud

I got mine about a month ago. It's the 650S 2000 W reg. It had 3,100 miles and was in mint condition.

All very standard equipment - no extras. Needed a service as it had been sitting in his garage for long time unused. The seller wanted a very quick sale as he was travelling.

I paid £2.2k for it. Then I spent £150 on top immediately to get it serviced and checked throughout. Hope that helps.
Old 15-11-04, 09:25 PM   #8
chog

I have been offered £2,300-£2,400 by a local dealer in part ex against a zx900 kwak, this was just over the phone so if it all checks out I will probably take your advice and sell off all my bits soon,
Thanks for the advice
CHOG
Old 15-11-04, 10:00 PM   #9
Bud

I'd call that a result!