SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 13-03-18, 02:37 PM   #11
maviczap
Mega Poster

Default Re: Video file size issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking Heads View Post
I used Devede to create the ISO then Brasero to write it.
There's a Devede for Windows but don't know if its any good.
The Linux version works a treat

https://devede.org/download/choose
That's similar to how I do it, but all within Nero, create the ISO first and then burn it, less drinks coasters this way.

Well didn't really resolve anything, I did find a program that stripped out one audio track, that I didn't need and then converted the file into MKV format at the same time. But Nero 9 doesn't allow use of MKV in DVD, its a blu ray format. Converting this MKV into a MPEG format changed the file size back to 5.2gb!

However to cut a long story short, I was able to rerecord the file again, and insert it into the DVD, another day gone!

Thanks for the suggestions.
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-18, 04:28 PM   #12
Bibio
Mega Poster

i'm getting a bit confused here so a few questions.

are you editing the mp4 so it has chapter and navigation using editing software?
if you are doing as above what format are you saving your 'project' as e.g. mp4, mkv, xvid etc.etc?

most modern dvd/bluray/tv's have a usb port that you can play files from and they usually support mp4, mkv etc.etc.
does your dvd/bluray/tv have a usb port?

btw never ever use your original file to edit always use a copy that way if you mess up you still have the original to copy again.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-18, 04:58 PM   #13
maviczap
Mega Poster

Question 1. No I'm inserting the Mp4 into a DVD, the DVD has the menu and seperate titles, but because the Mp4 file is too big it makes the overall DVD size over the limit and I still had two more files to add. I was trying to convert it to a smaller size, but as soon as you convert any Mp4, it unwraps it from its container and trebles the file size.

Question 2. Saving file to ISO using Mpeg format for DVD, so limits size to 8.5gb dual layer discs

Question 3. Sending DVD to friends in far far away land, I wish they'd upgrade to a blu ray play, so I could send them a blu ray or USB

Yes, always working with a copy

Last edited by maviczap; 13-03-18 at 05:51 PM.
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-18, 09:18 PM   #14
Bibio
Mega Poster

think i know what you are doing now. you have a 'dvd template' then extracting the mp4 and adding the files to the template.

if you have a 'dvd structure' then you can use something like 'dvd shrink' to shrink the dvd structure to a smaller size then burn the dvd. or if you already have the final on a dvd you can still use dvd shrink to make a new compressed copy then burn that. check the quality of the new files before burning to a new disc.

or when converting the mp4 you can usually adjust the output size. but you need conversion software.

Last edited by Bibio; 13-03-18 at 09:20 PM.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-18, 09:28 PM   #15
Talking Heads

dvd shrink, that takes me back, its so long ago I had forgotten about that one.
Talking Heads is offline   Reply With Quote