Old 03-07-10, 07:10 PM   #1
Richie
fantabulas
Mega Poster

Default RAF Leeming Track Day.

21 AUGUST 2010

Or to give it's proper name.
RAF Leeming Airfield Riding Day...

£50 all day, 3 groups :- Novice, inters and Advanced :0)

see this thread or post to get your booking form.

Please note if you want to come then you must have Photo ID.. IE a valid passport of photo driving licence.

ALSO you must inform me via PM of your name and address so I can vouch for you :0)...

It was a bloody great day out last year !

hope to see you there :0)

Last edited by Richie; 03-07-10 at 07:18 PM.
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-10, 08:14 PM   #2
SP33DY

Default Re: RAF Leeming Track Day.

I'll be there mate, had a blast last year have a couple of mates who fancy it as well.
Old 05-07-10, 07:55 PM   #3
MadGaz

I've never been on a track day before, what will the novice group be like?? I'm pretty hopeless and would like to learn!

I've got a standard k9 sport would it be fine on stock tyres??
Old 05-07-10, 08:00 PM   #4
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Sp33dy - still on the speed4? (that correct?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGaz View Post
I've never been on a track day before, what will the novice group be like?? I'm pretty hopeless and would like to learn!

I've got a standard k9 sport would it be fine on stock tyres??
I was in the same situation last year - you can make of it what you like. Take it at your own pace, don't do anything stupid and it's great fun. You get the odd nobhead who likes to run rings around novices with a full on track bike but not enough to put me off (and it's more satisfying when you overtake the trackbikes!). Not sure about standard tyres but I was on sport tourers last year and they were fine and will be again this year I think.
Old 05-07-10, 08:09 PM   #5
MadGaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave20046 View Post
I was in the same situation last year - you can make of it what you like. Take it at your own pace, don't do anything stupid and it's great fun. You get the odd nobhead who likes to run rings around novices with a full on track bike but not enough to put me off (and it's more satisfying when you overtake the trackbikes!). Not sure about standard tyres but I was on sport tourers last year and they were fine and will be again this year I think.
Cheers Dave! I'll check around about standard tyres and check with the boss if I'm allowed to go, fingers crossed!
Old 06-07-10, 02:30 PM   #6
SP33DY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave20046 View Post
Sp33dy - still on the speed4? (that correct?)
Yes Dave I still have my trusty little Speed4 LOL, I was at Croft on it on the 25th june out in the fast group, and whilst I put up an awesome show on the brakes and through the bends I was getting mullered on the straights, so I've finally give in and bought something a bit quicker. Only picked it up last night it's a K5 gsxr 1000.

Happy days
Old 06-07-10, 05:19 PM   #7
SP33DY

Heres a link to a video of last years track day at Leeming, it was taken by a friend of mine on his R1 and he was kind enough to follow me for a bit so theres quite a bit of footage of me and my fat ass on my triumph.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xa4...h-august_sport

It'll give people an idea of where the track goes and what sort of pace the fast group runs for those who fancy it
Old 06-07-10, 05:21 PM   #8
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP33DY View Post
Yes Dave I still have my trusty little Speed4 LOL, I was at Croft on it on the 25th june out in the fast group, and whilst I put up an awesome show on the brakes and through the bends I was getting mullered on the straights, so I've finally give in and bought something a bit quicker. Only picked it up last night it's a K5 gsxr 1000.

Happy days
insane! you taking the thou on this then?

Knee downing looks effortless on that vid!
Old 06-07-10, 05:53 PM   #9
SP33DY

Cheers for the kind comments mate, quite a few people have been surprised by the little triumph on the track days that ive done on it, the worst bit is I actually have an SRAD 750 track bike, but a strap snapped on the way to Anglessey last year and it flipped the trailor at 60mph on the m62. All the right hand side fairing etc was ruined and I still haven't finished repairing it I just used my Speed4 instead and actually enjoyed it more LOL

However I feel it's time for a new challenge, hence the purchase of the thou, it will be an interesting bike on track though and the pace it provides at half throttle really is impressive.
Old 06-07-10, 05:55 PM   #10
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Good way to get to know the bike, that's what me and richie were doing last year.