SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 04-05-06, 09:14 PM   #1
streetos

Default Got a £30 fixed penalty for small reg plate today. Bummer!

Feds pulled me in Skeggy, just pootling along in traffic. Also very interested in my can but didn't take it any farther. Wern't bothered at all about my iridium visor though.
Old 04-05-06, 09:20 PM   #2
fraser01

Default Re: Got a £30 fixed penalty for small reg plate today. Bumme

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetos
Feds pulled me in Skeggy, just pootling along in traffic. Also very interested in my can but didn't take it any farther. Wern't bothered at all about my iridium visor though.
That will get reported (the illegal plate) to DVLA, if you get 2 tickets for an illegal plate DVLA will withdraw your registration meaning you will have to go through all the hassle of re-registering your bike.... Just to let you know...
Old 04-05-06, 09:20 PM   #3
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Bummer indeed.

So how smalll is the plate then? Mines 5x7 and so far all the cops here have let it go.

*Edit* just seen you8r pst fraser. Good to have you about with the real info mate.
And that i didnt know and its news.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-06, 09:34 PM   #4
Saint Matt

Shouldnt have a small plate then lol. I think that's a mod I wouldn't ever do because of the po-po attention.
Old 04-05-06, 09:34 PM   #5
streetos

Quote:
So how smalll is the plate then?
6"x 4" with 1 3/4" high letters.

Quote:
That will get reported (the illegal plate) to DVLA, if you get 2 tickets for an illegal plate DVLA will withdraw your registration meaning you will have to go through all the hassle of re-registering your bike.... Just to let you know...
Thats very disturbing, I was just going to treat the fine as another running cost but if thats the case I'll have to consider putting the barn door back on again.
Old 04-05-06, 10:10 PM   #6
Ed

Deregistering for 2 plate tickets Whatever next What a **** law to do this. Pathetic, stupid, crass. How does it hurt having a small plate? Look at the US ones we see occasionally on here.
Old 04-05-06, 10:35 PM   #7
lynw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed
Deregistering for 2 plate tickets Whatever next What a sh*t law to do this. Pathetic, stupid, crass. How does it hurt having a small plate? Look at the US ones we see occasionally on here.
Can ANPR pick up small plates? Is/Was there an issue with them over speed cameras?

Look to the money for any answer regarding traffic laws I think
Old 05-05-06, 12:45 AM   #8
l3xus01

a think there must be a different law up here in scottyland as av been pulled twice for my plate but no letter from dvla and that was a while ago...
Old 05-05-06, 01:15 AM   #9
lynw

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3xus01
a think there must be a different law up here in scottyland as av been pulled twice for my plate but no letter from dvla and that was a while ago...
Pulled or issued with FPNs? If its a pull and no FPN issued then DVLA wont be notified.
Old 05-05-06, 08:09 AM   #10
JakeRS

I've not had any trouble from the police for my plate, think its 6x7 or something... on the bike it looks pretty small.

If you have a one line ruler sized one like my Dad's you're asking for trouble