SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 05-07-18, 07:08 AM   #5981
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Migraine, I know I moan about these regularly but I get them regularly. This month I've taken the beta blockers, HRT and riboflavin every day without fail. These are meant to prevent the migraines. Yet I'm going into my third day of headache. All the meds may make it less severe but they don't actually stop them. So I take migraine treatment which makes me tired, with an almost hungover feeling.

I might have a dig around in the garage later for the hand drill, give DIY trepanning a go. If that works I can see if I could then get the chisel out and try to reshape LOM's head so it'll for comfortably into a helmet.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Old 05-07-18, 07:48 AM   #5982
Tom_the_great

Double posts... always my gripe *eyes roll*

Black Tinted Screen!, Evotech Tail Tidy!, OEM Rear Hugger!, R&G Crash Bungs!, Delkevic Exhuast!

Current Mileage = 3000 (Ish)
Tom_the_great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-18, 08:23 AM   #5983
ophic
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom_the_great View Post
Double posts... always my gripe *eyes roll*
Yeah but if you're seeing double cos you've got a massive migraine, they kind of merge.
Old 05-07-18, 08:36 AM   #5984
littleoldman2
Mega Poster

Location: Cramlington Northumberland where we are truely blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
So I take migraine treatment which makes me tired, with an almost hungover feeling.
Are the tablets dehydrating you?. I ask as I never feel thirsty and if I forget to take water then I feel tired, hungover and light headed.
Old 05-07-18, 08:48 AM   #5985
punyXpress
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleoldman2 View Post
Been out on the bike three days wearing different helmets and in pain with them all after about 20 miles, I bloody hate the "new" shape of my head.
Moan over
Malc, is the pain caused at specific points on your skull?
When I worked with Cromwell helmets ( 55 years ago !) they used a 'stretcher' to customise the fit for me. Maybe one of those would help?
Old 05-07-18, 09:22 AM   #5986
littleoldman2
Mega Poster

The problem is that I have no jaw bone on my left. what you see is my Pec Major muscle from my chest ( it's still attached to my chest). When this is moved to the right by the lid it puts pressure on the joint at the top of the right jaw bone joint, hence the pain. When I sit at home with the lid on it's merely discomfort, but on the Van Van at a massive 55mph it hurts.

Front

[IMG][/IMG]

Side

[IMG][/IMG]

Note the nice scar from the traccy which I'm trying to convince the Grandbairn is a bullet hole from a gunfight with a russian spy.
Old 05-07-18, 09:54 AM   #5987
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleoldman2 View Post
Are the tablets dehydrating you?. I ask as I never feel thirsty and if I forget to take water then I feel tired, hungover and light headed.
I'm trying to remember to drink more water as that's quite possible. My migraines are hormonal so I get 1 a month. Day 1, pain and nausea as I wake. Day 2, OK until mid morning, then same again. Day 3, easier but still lurking, days 5 and 6, really tired and washed out. But I should quit moaning as compared to what you are going through mine is insignificant.

Silly question perhaps, but would a helmet this shape be better?

https://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf...xoCFWQQAvD_BwE
Old 05-07-18, 10:31 AM   #5988
littleoldman2
Mega Poster

Quote:
But I should quit moaning as compared to what you are going through mine is insignificant.
Nah moaning's quite theraputic sometimes ( well that's what the wife says when she moans) Anyway think of the alternative, the dreaded "change".

Quote:
Silly question perhaps, but would a helmet this shape be better?

]
Maybe. I'm off down to Newcastle today to try a few open face helmets on today. I've got tickets for the BSB round at knockhill this weekend and really want to got tomorrow.
Old 06-07-18, 04:06 AM   #5989
Red ones
Mega Poster

Quote:
I'm trying to remember to drink more water as that's quite possible.

My son gets migraines and says the beta blockers make him feel 'odd.' He says he has to remember to drink more and finds that sugary drinks help. (Just don't get me started about tax on sugary drinks or shops that refuse to sell them to under 16s - the Consultant advises the drinks and the alternative is a hemiplegic lad on the floor wanting to cut his head off. I'd like to see a Tesco store manager deal with that one!)

Trying to drink more for the pills is hard enough without having to add extra for hot weather too. GWS LPH.
Red ones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-18, 05:18 AM   #5990
Bibio
Mega Poster

LP.. get off the beta blockers. they are nasty nasty things. what they dont tell you is that yes they lower blood pressure which can be a good thing for those that need it but at the same time they can make your blood pressure go sky rocketing at the flick of a switch. even the slightest bit of "stress" can have people going off their nuts.

the average person should be replenishing the amount of blood in their body (around 8 pints) with the same of water every day. in hot weather you must also take a little more extra salt in your diet.

a loooot of people suffer from dehydration and they dont even know it. its very common. in worst cases it can give you bladder infections which cause you to go literally nuts.

what they really dont want to tell you about migraines is that they can be caused by pressure from enlarged blood vessels in the brain.

i know three people (all female) who suffered from migraines and the three of them have had brain haemorrhages. common symptoms in all three were an elevated euphoria.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote