SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

For Sale - SV's and SV related items For SV's and SV spare parts only. 650 or 1000 No other items Unsanctioned trade ads will be deleted as will spam and chat.

Old 03-08-12, 10:46 PM   #1
hopper650

Default K4 naked, swap for a pointy faired?

Hi,

You may find this abit bizarre lol but I'm just gauging interest on this idea.

I have a naked k4 but the thing is I really want a fully faired s model of the same year or maybe k5. I would prefer black but will consider any colour.

My k4 has done 26k miles and runs like a dream it is in pretty good nick cosmetic wise and comes with many extras. I will give more details upon request. My sv has a GSXR fork conversion which I would want to remove along with a few other bits to go on the new sv.

I am considering buying a s model and selling the naked but was wondering if this was a feasible idea?

What do you reckon? Genuine reason is I just want a fully faired due to better wind protection, sportier look etc..
Old 03-08-12, 11:25 PM   #2
svadil

Default Re: K4 naked, swap for a pointy faired?

hmm itll defo add a nice touch. I currently ride the sportier version with full fairings.
Old 04-08-12, 06:11 AM   #3
Winder

I'm interested. I have a 2007 model with only 13k on the clock so would possibly be looking for a bit of cash my way also?
Could you please email me pictures of your bike to
markwinder1983@hotmail.co.uk and I will do the same.
Was thinking of a naked as when doing long rides I find the riding position a bit painful.

Cheers

Mark
Old 04-08-12, 07:18 AM   #4
hopper650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winder View Post
I'm interested. I have a 2007 model with only 13k on the clock so would possibly be looking for a bit of cash my way also?
Could you please email me pictures of your bike to
markwinder1983@hotmail.co.uk and I will do the same.
Was thinking of a naked as when doing long rides I find the riding position a bit painful.

Cheers

Mark

PM sent mark

Old 04-08-12, 09:33 PM   #5
Mega Poster

Alright mate, I've got a pointy S, 2005 but it's part faired. just a shade over 10k on the clock, recently rebuilt all the calipers, changed oil and filter etc etc. Brand new battery as well. Wouldn't mind a swap as my commute means heavy traffic and my wrists are killing me haha! I'd probably want some money my way as it's a really really good example, only some weathering on the front n/s shock at the bottom.

Can send pics of yours to soundengineer@live.co.uk of yours if the other chap doesn't come through
650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-12, 06:54 AM   #6
hopper650

Quote:
Originally Posted by 650 View Post
Alright mate, I've got a pointy S, 2005 but it's part faired. just a shade over 10k on the clock, recently rebuilt all the calipers, changed oil and filter etc etc. Brand new battery as well. Wouldn't mind a swap as my commute means heavy traffic and my wrists are killing me haha! I'd probably want some money my way as it's a really really good example, only some weathering on the front n/s shock at the bottom.

Can send pics of yours to soundengineer@live.co.uk of yours if the other chap doesn't come through

PM sent