SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 28-03-07, 09:31 AM   #1
wolverine04uk

Default Honda CBR 600 Stolen

Just walked out this morning to find my CBR600-FS1 wasn't where it should be. Nicked from the Northern Moor area in Manchester, its red and black reg no Y676 HWT. If anyone notices anything please let me know.

Cheers.
Old 28-03-07, 09:34 AM   #2
Flamin_Squirrel

Default Re: Honda CBR 600 Stolen

Not another one
Old 28-03-07, 09:38 AM   #3
Paws

ive posted it on mcn ninjas,you should put up a ad on ebay aswell mate.
Old 28-03-07, 10:05 AM   #4
Fizzy Fish

v sorry to hear about your bike
Old 28-03-07, 10:23 AM   #5
Baph

Sorry to hear of this, another one recently

Forwarded details to a friend at Holyhead docks since you're not so far away. I doubt anything will come this way, but you never know. Anything to help really
Old 28-03-07, 10:30 AM   #6
wolverine04uk

Thanks for the replies. I've put an ad on ebay, and had a look for anything that might be off my bike for sale, but I would think that would take a while.
Thanks for having a word Baph, but I would think its either being stripped for parts while we speak or lying in a bush somewhere wrecked. Makes my want to cry thinking of my bike like that.

I tell you, if I ever see the scumbags they won't be walking again for the rest of their lives.
Old 28-03-07, 10:35 AM   #7
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverine04uk View Post
Thanks for having a word Baph, but I would think its either being stripped for parts while we speak or lying in a bush somewhere wrecked. Makes my want to cry thinking of my bike like that.
I agree completely, sad fact that most bikes do get stripped.

I still forward anything with any relevance to my mate (I actually sent him an image I found on google images of something resembling you CBR, along with the reg plate & colours). They have a habbit of sticking it on a notice board accessible by staff only with a sentiment of "See this & call 999 IMMEDIATELY." Those notices stay up for around 6 months ish.

You never know, some day some scrote might just get justice served, and if it only ever catches one of the beggers, it's worth the total sum of effort.
Old 28-03-07, 10:39 AM   #8
wolverine04uk

Thing is this is the third bike I've had taken in a decade. They caught the lad red handed the last time, he tried to ride away from the cops and fell off. He got a whole 6 months curfew order and ordered to pay the £170 it took to repair it. That was 4 years ago and to date I've had £54. Not much of a deterrant is it.

Do they get many trying to be deported?
Old 28-03-07, 10:45 AM   #9
Baph

I've no idea how many bikes they get, but there's messages like that up about cars as well as bikes. Local plod provides pictures of known drug dealers too.

There's no real customs to speak of at Holyhead (most of the traffic goes to Ireland).

Anything of high value that is deported gets locked away in a crate, and it takes customs & excise to open those, or so I'm told (unless the logistics company is well known to the dock, and it's late on a night....)

My mate & the folks he work will happily report anything the even think could be suspicious to the police.

Sorry for the slight derail, don't want to detract from the intention of the thread, but possibly an idea for you to forward similar details. Eg, local bike shops (as in every bike shop in Manchester at least), most have email addresses & wouldn't want to be associated with stolen goods.
Old 28-03-07, 10:52 AM   #10
gettin2dizzy

bummer! i've got eyes out in south manchester for you.