SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 15-10-07, 07:05 PM   #1
orose

Question Air filter and Brake pad replacements

Couple of quickies for the more experienced amongst you:

I've just gone past 12,000 miles, and I've had a look at the service book posted on the main site which suggests the air filter is due to be changed at that service point. Is it worth me buying a filter such as a K&N replacement (http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?Prod=SU-6503) and fitting it myself before it goes in, bearing in mind I've got a fuel end can as well?

At roughly the same time, I'm going to be due for brake pads. Does anyone have any recommendations for standard (ie, slow) road use?

Thanks in advance.
Old 15-10-07, 09:09 PM   #2
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Default Re: Air filter and Brake pad replacements

I've just fitted a K&N. Same price as the OEM item, but it's washable Also fitted EBC HH pads, much better than standard
Old 16-10-07, 05:03 AM   #3
600+

I'm selling a K&N filter for £15 which you can have along with some tank raisers - check the for sale section

cheers
Old 16-10-07, 04:44 PM   #4
Viney
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by orose View Post
Couple of quickies for the more experienced amongst you:

I've just gone past 12,000 miles, and I've had a look at the service book posted on the main site which suggests the air filter is due to be changed at that service point. Is it worth me buying a filter such as a K&N replacement (http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?Prod=SU-6503) and fitting it myself before it goes in, bearing in mind I've got a fuel end can as well?

At roughly the same time, I'm going to be due for brake pads. Does anyone have any recommendations for standard (ie, slow) road use?

Thanks in advance.
Hein gerickes own pads are fine. Less abrasive on the disc than HH's. Theya re made by Carbone Lorriane apprenlty.
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote