SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Thames Valley Rideouts and meets for Thames Valleyers and beyond..

Old 05-04-08, 11:42 PM   #71
jambo
Mega Poster

Default Re: ASM down, RIP

Like many here I hadn't managed to meet ASM, and now I won't be able to. My thoughts to family and friends, especially those with him at the time.

RIP
Old 05-04-08, 11:58 PM   #72
hovis

been out on the **** all night, but i could not help thinking about ASM all night,

?
Old 06-04-08, 12:34 AM   #73
walkaboutandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogden View Post
We didn't see the accident itself, just the aftermath. Everyone else (that is, Dan, flibble & I) is physically OK but I think feeling a bit messed up atm.

There's a news item on the TV police web site that gives as much information as needs to be known. I really don't feel like posting the gory details, they're playing over in my mind enough as it is. Nobody should have to see a friend die.

I'd appreciate it if we could keep this thread for condolences rather than grim curiosity and I'm sure the others involved would agree.
Thats absoloutely fair play, dude. I've spent tonight celebrating my best mates birthday and it was completely hollow as todays news was totally on my mind. I hope you guys (you, dan and fibble) are OK (or as OK as it can be) and my thoughts are with you, Marks family and friends.
Old 06-04-08, 05:48 AM   #74
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

I have sat an entire nightshift in shock of such terrible news, I sit here now to find such a young life taken away, I already posted earlier in secret at work, and now before bed I shall take time to say a prayer for our lost 'community' member and for all his family and close friends..........something in which I have not done for many years.....

sleep safe, sleep safe ASM.

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12

Last edited by dizzyblonde; 06-04-08 at 06:09 AM.
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-08, 06:55 AM   #75
Tara

RIP Mark

thoughts are with family and friends
Old 06-04-08, 07:00 AM   #76
falc

I can't believe this news, I saw it and thought it was a joke or wind up as he would do and as Law said he would pop us and say "meh"

Totally stunned, thoughts with friends and family, this is just horrible.

RIP Mark, will be sorely missed.
Old 06-04-08, 07:17 AM   #77
Stig

I've been up for just about most of the night, my thoughts constantly with Mark.

For those that didn't know him;

Like most he almost had a dual personality, those that knew him and those that didn't. On this forum he gave out a bolshy, self confident demeanor and a lot of the time came across as a higher than mighty, self opinionated git. Reality was, he was a very shy person. He kept himself very much to himself and hardly ever talked about his family or personnel circumstances. He wouldn't say a bad word to anyone for fear of offending. It was only when you got to know him, you could see past that barrier and the true charisma and whit of a this kind man come through. He constantly hid behind his quick sarcasm using his obvious intelligence and quick whit as a shield.

The last time I met him was on Tuesday whilst getting tyres fitted to our bikes and whilst we waited, we chatted. For the first time we chatted about him. He had plans. If most asked, they would have been given the impression he was fumbling his way through life without a clue where he was going or what he was going to do. But he had direction and focus. He was determined to follow in his brothers footsteps and join the military as an officer. I am sure he would have been very successful. He had already shown plenty of leadership qualities in organising rideouts and such.

Mark was someone that the more you learnt about him, the more you liked him. He just wasn't the easiest of persons to really get to know. I was fortunate enough to have a little insight into the real person. A superb and charismatic person. Cared very much about people and loved life. He will indeed be sorely missed. I miss him already.

Goodbye Mark. Rest in peace.

Last edited by Stig; 06-04-08 at 10:54 AM.
Old 06-04-08, 07:33 AM   #78
StreetHawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigApe View Post
I've been up for just about most of the night, my thoughts constantly with Mark.

For those that didn't know him;

Like most he almost had a dual personality, those that knew him and those that didn't. On this forum he gave out a bolshy, self confident demeanor and a lot of the time came across as a higher than mighty, self opinionated git. Reality was, he was a very shy person. He kept himself very much to himself and hardly ever talked about his family or personnel circumstances. He wouldn't say a bad word to anyone for fear of offending. It was only when you got to know him, you could see past that barrier and the true charisma and whit of a this kind man come through. He constantly hid behind his quick sarcasm using his obvious intelligence and quick whit as a shield.

The last time I met him was on Tuesday whilst getting tyres fitted to our bikes and whilst we waited, we chatted. For the first time we chatted about him. He had plans. If most asked, they would have been given the impression he was fumbling his way through life without a clue where he was going or what he was going to do. But he had direction and focus. He was determined to follow in his brothers footsteps and join the military as an officer. I am sure he would have been very successful. He had already shown plenty of leadership qualities in organising rideouts and such.

Mark was someone that the more you learnt about him, the more you liked him. He just wasn't the easiest of persons to really get to know. I was fortunate enough to have a little insight into the real person. A superb and charismatic person. Cared very much about people and loved life. He will indeed be sorely missed. I miss him already.

Goodbye Mark. Rest in peace.
Well said.

Last edited by Stig; 06-04-08 at 10:55 AM.
Old 06-04-08, 07:46 AM   #79
FG1

^
+1
Old 06-04-08, 07:58 AM   #80
keithd

oh my goodness, such a tragic waste.

thoughts to all who met and knew him, especially his family

keith