SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 24-01-20, 09:11 PM   #11
Thaleshwar

Default Re: Coolant TopUp SV650S K6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
there is a locking screw on the radiator cap so dont go taking a pair of water pump pliers to get the cap off coz you think its stuck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redtrummy View Post
And I think the crosshead may be a Jap type - I had to use a pair of ordinary pliers to get it undone. Could not get a screwdriver to fit properly.
Hi, 🙂 I am aware of the screw and it is my main hurdle as I cannot undo cap without unlocking and to do that I need to remove fairing, and to remove fairing I need to remove crash bungs held by engine bolts, may be I will manage that but fairing at the bottom / belly is coupled to left hand side fairing with some kind of plastic fastener, which I don’t know how to push open, on google I found some of the commonly used fasteners / Pins on trims; but this one is really different and I am worried I will break if I force open or try without knowing how it’s done. And for screw holding radiator cap if it is not allen screw but different cross may be flat screw driver will do using just one straight cut - but all that comes once I reach to it 😊
Thaleshwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-20, 09:53 PM   #12
DarrenSV650S
Mega Poster

Crash bungs are easy with a couple of socket wrenches. You can just drop the fairings to the ground without removing that lower plastic plate. The pins do come out but they are difficult. Just put some old carpet under it. The cap screw is a small phillips
DarrenSV650S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-20, 10:22 PM   #13
Thaleshwar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenSV650S View Post
Crash bungs are easy with a couple of socket wrenches. You can just drop the fairings to the ground without removing that lower plastic plate. The pins do come out but they are difficult. Just put some old carpet under it. The cap screw is a small phillips
Many thanks, Really good suggestion 👍 - I guess engine will hold on if I remove bolts from both right and left side? 🤔 but what you said really eased my worries off, thank you
Old 25-01-20, 08:05 AM   #14
Thaleshwar

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1ffR4ff View Post
These links will explain how the Cooling system on Motorcycles work,

https://itstillruns.com/coolant-over...-12218289.html

https://www.custompistols.com/coolin...ion-tanks.html

If ever you see steam or smell the sickly sweet smell of hot coolant you should stop using the Motorcycle or risk damaging the engine. You can only correctly check the coolant level on a cold engine with the Rad cap off and visual inspection.

HTH
Many thanks, noted 👍