SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Thames Valley Rideouts and meets for Thames Valleyers and beyond..

Old 25-11-09, 09:03 PM   #1
neilhatch

Default 100% winter riding - car been totaled

Will probably turn out to be the most expensive hair cut I'll ever have.

On my way home on the Crowthorne Road and ping lady in front slows way too much. Before I know I'm head butting the steering wheel.

What did she say.....I just broke. Any reason for just braking, didn't like your BMW...liked my car less?

oh dear....just did a web search of the lady involved . LinkedIn has one person (quite unique surname) very close to the accident as "Independent Law Practice Professional"...i'll read that as a lawyer then.

Gunner need some warmer gloves
Old 25-11-09, 09:12 PM   #2
Warthog

Default Re: 100% winter riding - car been totaled

Damn! Bad time to announce it too, I have just been tailgated all the way home by the tw@ in an X5 and I was tempted to slam on the brakes and see how good his braking distance was. You gotta be able to stop

Anyway, didn't mean to make light of your accident, hope you are ok. Winter riding is ok, just not when there is snow.
Old 27-11-09, 01:06 PM   #3
Stig

Bugger. Sorry to hear about that. I recommend Gerbing heated gloves. I have never had a better pair of winter gloves ever. Heated gloves warm your hands no matter where you have them. One of the biggest problems with heated grips is each time you leave the grip to activate a control or lever, your fingers/hands are not getting warmed. Expensive they may seem but considering the electrical elements in them have a life time guarantee, not so expensive after all.
Old 27-11-09, 01:48 PM   #4
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stig_Of_The_Dump View Post
Bugger. Sorry to hear about that. I recommend Gerbing heated gloves. I have never had a better pair of winter gloves ever. Heated gloves warm your hands no matter where you have them. One of the biggest problems with heated grips is each time you leave the grip to activate a control or lever, your fingers/hands are not getting warmed. Expensive they may seem but considering the electrical elements in them have a life time guarantee, not so expensive after all.
i.e only keep your palms warm