SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Soho Massive For the London based SV owners

Old 15-05-08, 03:23 PM   #1
monkey

Default Speed camera/ANPR M40 to A40 Londonbound

White van with two cameras poking out the back just after Uxbridge and the 40mph limit after you have time to get back up to speed. Traffic car sitting on the slip road going down to the A40 a little while after waiting to catch the naughties.
Old 15-05-08, 03:38 PM   #2
Fizzy Fish

Default Re: Speed camera/ANPR M40 to A40 Londonbound

ah yes, i saw this the other day in the earlier 70mph section, but forgot to post about it. They were very sneaky and were not only using an unmarked van, but had also parked near cones and building materials which made it look like a works vehicle. Again there were a load of traffic cars at the next slip road, waiting for 'prey'

In fact the only reason that I didn't get caught myself was that i thought it was kinda odd that the car in front didn't speed up after the speed camera when he'd been doing c. 90mph before that, so rather than pulling an undertake i had a good look around first!
Old 15-05-08, 07:41 PM   #3
tanis34

if theres a bunch of coppers waiting after the van it sounds like its a tax van rather than a speed camera
Old 19-05-08, 06:41 PM   #4
Kylie

You've made my day! Met that the other day, thought they had camera's in the van, and was expecting some mail this week, but if they send a car after you I must have been ok so!