SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 21-10-08, 06:15 PM   #1
malks

Default computer help!!

i need a computer literate person to try and help me debug my computer. basically i know i have a virus (probably many) and i've just realised something appears to be running on my machine trying to get my bank details to my online account logins etc.... can someone point me in the right direction? or do something remotely?? i'm just about to pull the plugs aout of it all and take it to a shop if i cant get some thing as i dont want people stealing stuff from me!
Old 21-10-08, 06:53 PM   #2
Blue_SV650S

Default Re: computer help!!

goto task manager (CTL-ALT-DELETE) and on the processes tab, it will give you a list of processes that are running.

Expand the window so all current processes can be seen and take a screenshot ... post that up ..

If we can identify a rogue program, we should be able to find a cure with a bit of googlefu

Last edited by Blue_SV650S; 21-10-08 at 07:37 PM.
Old 21-10-08, 07:00 PM   #3
rictus01
Mega Poster

given the situation you're in I take it you don't run any virus software/ spyware detection, or open files you don't know ?

for a start, don't open anything you don't know (most trojans require you to start them).

stop any processes you don't know ( ctl+alt+del - task manager) either buy or download a virus protection program, install make sure it's up to date.

switch off the pc, disconnect the PC from the internet safe boot the PC F8 use the virus scanner to scan it's host directory and clean it if required, if it has a boot option use that if not boot to command prompt and go to the scanners directory and use the commands from there, once it's scanned the whole machine restart and normally boot up into windows, scan again to be sure.

try running Zone alarm or another firewall program so you can choose what programs access the internet.

the above is general stuff, but nothing will help if you don't use a little common sense in looking after the machine.

Cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!

Last edited by rictus01; 21-10-08 at 07:02 PM.
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-08, 07:08 PM   #4
krhall

Malks - You have PM!
Old 21-10-08, 07:09 PM   #5
malks

cheers, i'm thinking there appears to be far too much running at the moment! here we go:

also no pm..........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screen shot (Large).JPG (71.9 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by malks; 21-10-08 at 07:11 PM.
Old 21-10-08, 07:13 PM   #6
krhall

Oops try now. Put that on then get a virus scan going.
Old 21-10-08, 07:16 PM   #7
Blue_SV650S

jucheck.exe

http://www.greatis.com/appdata/d/j/jucheck.exe.htm
Old 21-10-08, 07:17 PM   #8
malks

kr- cheers for the help, but that has just given me 3 folders with lots of different files to choose from!
Old 21-10-08, 07:20 PM   #9
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Mcaffee do a free program called "Stinger"

http://mcafee-avert-stinger.en.softonic.com/

Download and run it, or even better as Rictus says, download it, then boot your PC in safe mode and run it. If its a common virus the stinger will clean it off.

If you have mal or spyware ontop of that you'll have a battle on your hands. Personally if you havent ever run any Anti-Virus on your PC then I'd pull the plug on your install and wipe the whole lot and start again as you may find you'll never get rid of it totally. Its a drastic solution so try the above stuff and the advice thats already been posted first.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-08, 07:22 PM   #10
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by malks View Post
kr- cheers for the help, but that has just given me 3 folders with lots of different files to choose from!
Google W32.Scrimge.O .. that is the worm you have ...

"The worm then connects to m.proxyisp.info on TCP port 21888 allowing unauthorized access to perform the following actions:

* Update itself
* Download additional files
* Spread using Microsoft instant messaging clients
* Delete itself
"

Basically this has opened the door in ...

You could have all sorts of muck in there now ...

So get rid of this then install an antivirus ... and do a boot check ... avast is a good free one ...

Last edited by Blue_SV650S; 21-10-08 at 07:26 PM.