SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 31-01-09, 06:53 PM   #41
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Default Re: Chat

Baph & Miss YC, why do you think we havent done it

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-09, 06:54 PM   #42
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwheel View Post
Baph & Miss YC, why do you think we havent done it
Because you is a lazy mofo??

What!?! You asked.
Old 31-01-09, 06:56 PM   #43
missyburd

Lol at Baph, now back on topic
Old 31-01-09, 06:58 PM   #44
21QUEST
Mega Poster

To be frank, I reckon anyone who spends majority of their time in idle banter should be banned(atleast limitations imposed) from seeing certain parts of the Forum....until they can show that, they can contribute more that just inane drizzle.

Ben
Blue, mate, having read a lot of your stuff I'd say 'in your head' is unknown territory for most of us
21QUEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-09, 06:59 PM   #45
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by missyorkie_chris View Post
Lol at Baph, now back on topic
I think you'll find the topic at hand is Chat...

Sorry, I'll stop now. No, really.
Old 31-01-09, 07:00 PM   #46
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21QUEST View Post
To be frank, I reckon anyone who spends majority of their time in idle banter should be banned(atleast limitations imposed) from seeing certain parts of the Forum....until they can show that, they can contribute more that just inane drizzle.
Good idea, but how would a banned/limited person show their ability to contribute? They wouldn't have access to prove ability.
Old 31-01-09, 07:04 PM   #47
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:

Ben
I'd have to ban myself then...

Thing is when I first joined, I didnt know anything about mechanics the SV etc etc, i spent alot of time in idle banter and made the odd post in the other sections, chatting in there made me more confident about making posts elsewhere and I did alot of reading and then that made me more confident about tinkering with my SV, which meant I asked more questions.

I then was confident enough to organise a rideout or to and then onto help with running the site and organising the AR.

What I'm badly trying to say is that If I'd been banned from posting in certain sections, TBH I'd probably have just f*cked off somewhere else and then I wouldnt have had the opportunity to contribute and give something useful back. I also wouldnt have met my current other half ( she'd probably tell you this is a good thing sometimes ) also I wouldnt have made any of the friends that I have either.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition

Last edited by fizzwheel; 31-01-09 at 07:08 PM.
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-09, 07:04 PM   #48
21QUEST
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by missyorkie_chris View Post
....snip...
Or are those complaining secretly having a dig at those who don't ride and mainly come on for the people? I, for example, am one of those (not that I'm taking it personally ) but that doesn't mean I don't scroll through most of the constructive threads and find them interesting, I just wouldn't have much to contribute that someone more knowledgeable wouldn't have said anyway

Deal with it, life's too short.
Re highlighted, hmmmm I wouldn't be so sure....going by some of the posts in those 'constructive threads'

Ben
Blue, mate, having read a lot of your stuff I'd say 'in your head' is unknown territory for most of us
Old 31-01-09, 07:10 PM   #49
21QUEST
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baph View Post
Good idea, but how would a banned/limited person show their ability to contribute? They wouldn't have access to prove ability.
Errr hmmm welll suppose folks could have 30mins(?) a day, where they are alowed to see the other areas....that would be their chance to 'prove' and shine

Ben
Old 31-01-09, 07:19 PM   #50
hovis

Quote:

Ben
why?

there is certain people that only post in IB, maybe because they dont know much about bikes, or dont have a bike.

if you dont like it, dont go in there.......... whats the problem?