SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Track Days Post up here about trackdays

Old 09-12-10, 05:04 PM   #11
AndyBrad

Default Re: help me go faster?

Quote:
Originally Posted by missyorkie_chris View Post
stripes down the side of your leathers :-d

now were talking. Do you thin the stripes accross my leathers are no good then and i need them going up and down?
Old 09-12-10, 05:08 PM   #12
Teejayexc

Accept you're carp!

To be honest, herein lies the road to ruin imho. Once you take a bike out thinking you're not riding as fast as someone else, it's a slippery slope. Ride to the best of YOUR capabilities not everyone elses - what would you do if Rossi turned up and tore a strip of your ar5e, try to keep up? I don't think so. Either accept it, or find a new m8.

just my tuppence worth.
Teejayexc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-10, 05:21 PM   #13
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Your mate can't have that much balls or skill if he was wobbling about with you lot in novice, if he is intent on showing what a big man he is tell him to stop F'ing about in newb group and come have a play in inters or advanced.

He will calm down when some lunatic on a CB500 goes past like he is standing still
Old 09-12-10, 05:33 PM   #14
-Ralph-

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkie_chris View Post
He will calm down when some lunatic on a CB500 goes past like he is standing still
+1, and since rider skill was his limitation, not the Bandit 600, you'll probably find he's no quicker, or he's even slower due to lack of familiarity with the new bike. Or he'll just crash 'cos he's trying too hard.
Old 09-12-10, 05:52 PM   #15
Berlin

Andy, I watched you ride at the track day and it'd take too much virtual rain forest to advise on every tiny detail.

But step number one and by far the biggest way you will go faster is to buy a smaller bike. You'd be faster on an Sv than the bike you've got. You'd be even faster if you bought a 250. From your body language on the bike you were **** scared of it.

If that doesn't make sense, I'll do the next one by PM

C
Old 09-12-10, 07:00 PM   #16
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teejayexc View Post
To be honest, herein lies the road to ruin imho. Once you take a bike out thinking you're not riding as fast as someone else, it's a slippery slope. Ride to the best of YOUR capabilities not everyone elses
Read that one a second time!
Think Berlin's right too, confidence in the bike makes a massive difference. When I went out of my comfort zone from a restricted sv to a full power sv I was notably loads slower took a good few weeks to learn the full power sv enough to tan it. I'm not saying I'm a fast rider, but just that I got faster as I got comfortable with the stupidly naive notion that 'the sv's not powerful enough to bite me' it almost definitely will at some point but until then

There's always going to be someone faster it's really not worth trying to be competitive.

Last edited by Dave20046; 09-12-10 at 07:01 PM.
Dave20046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-10, 07:43 PM   #17
TazDaz

Hire someone else to wear your leathers/lid etc and ride your bike?

I'm thinking outside of the box!
Old 09-12-10, 08:31 PM   #18
mike_red2uk

Practise and more practise pal
Enjoy the ride thats the number one thing !
Old 10-12-10, 09:32 AM   #19
AndyBrad

cheers folks,

yea your right about riding to the best of my abilities (what little they are) ive allways said this and dont worry im not intent on going out there "no holds barred" kind of thing. im wanting to improve thats all really I know hes going to be a lot faster, not because of the bike but hes a far better rider with more experience than i have. However it helps to know if theres something you can do to improve (such as practice)

berlin your right, i am slightly scared of this bike compared to the sv, the reason is, imo the weight. its quite heavy and im not (yes im fat but i weigh 11 1/2 stone and 5ft5) so when im wobbing about at slow speeds it feels like if i was to drop it i wouldnt be able to catch it like i could with the sv. silly i know but i think im past that now and looking forward to actually riding it this year instead of being scared of it.
Old 10-12-10, 09:50 AM   #20
AndyBrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazDaz View Post
Hire someone else to wear your leathers/lid etc and ride your bike?

I'm thinking outside of the box!

i had actually considered this