SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Thames Valley Rideouts and meets for Thames Valleyers and beyond..

View Poll Results: Are you interested in a Thames valley meet ?
Weekly 5 22.73%
Fortnightly 17 77.27%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29-07-07, 05:57 PM   #71
StreetHawk

Default Re: Thames Valley Group Section - Will you attend?

Apparanetly Law nearly backed his bike into a hedge with some excessive rear braking action... I was right behind but didn't see this, didn't see the w@nker in the Porsche or Schumacher in the camper van either.. I must ride with tunnel vision!

Some very nice roads around that way

Re the next meet, all suggestions of venue welcome.. I reckon middle of August?

BigApe.. Midweek ride sounds good to me.
Old 29-07-07, 06:37 PM   #72
ASM-Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_1871 View Post
Apparanetly Law nearly backed his bike into a hedge with some excessive rear braking action... I was right behind but didn't see this, didn't see the w@nker in the Porsche or Schumacher in the camper van either.. I must ride with tunnel vision!

Some very nice roads around that way

Re the next meet, all suggestions of venue welcome.. I reckon middle of August?

BigApe.. Midweek ride sounds good to me.
I didnt see the actual incident....just his bike very close to the hedge/verge. At the end of the day him and bike are fine and thats what matters. Perhaps the TV area roads were too much for a GM ruffian

For anyone interested Mr.Porsche took offence to Nick overtaking him(perhaps jealous of the inadequacies of his £50k piece of scrap metal) and decided to take it out on SDMF by making like he was letting him pass....then swinging out and trying to hit him . Gary and myself both gave him the though

We then got onto a NSL and a nice VW camper let the others past, but then used all the road to keep me behind him a la Schumacher....in fairness he drove that shed pretty damn well. Therefore to catch up the others who were bombing ahead i had to ride pretty fast....not too far off full whack! If my engine goes bang the replacement is on Nick

For anyone who thought about coming along but didnt, i recommend making the next one.

As for the next meet, 2 weeks sounds decent if people can make it. That will give Knightrider no excuse not to come.

In the meantime im up for a weekday/night blast if anyone is arranging anything. We could always go for a local ride if you want Nick....will give us a chance to show KR the area. SDMF is local enough as well.
Old 29-07-07, 07:23 PM   #73
SDMF

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASM-Forever View Post

For anyone interested Mr.Porsche took offence to Nick overtaking him(perhaps jealous of the inadequacies of his £50k piece of scrap metal) and decided to take it out on SDMF by making like he was letting him pass....then swinging out and trying to hit him .
That wasn't a plesant experience. Hmmm should've taken his wing mirror off looking back at it now.

As for a meeting place for a possible Thames Valley group... i don't think we even really discussed that.

Glad to hear you made it back safely ASM.

C'Mon Warthog, post the pics up!!
Old 29-07-07, 07:30 PM   #74
Warthog

ASM, good to hear you are still alive! I was checking behind Law for ages and just never saw you, so I thought you were supposed to have gone off. Either that or you crashed in the very first parking lot . Putfile is crashing my PC at the moment, I will get the pictures up in the photos section when the internet has stopped being gay.

I am well up for another meet, it was great fun. Would be decent if BigApe can join us too! I am going on holiday from the 11th to the 24th of August though, so I might not be around for the next one. Get the group up and running by all means though!

P.S. I apologise for Stu, he knows the roads so well it turned from a bit of a bimble to a "spirited ride"; I shaved about half an inch of my chicken strips just trying to keep up with him!
Old 29-07-07, 07:44 PM   #75
SDMF

Was a good ride, hard work though trying to keep up! Some of those roads were awesome, good twisty stuff in them.

August bank holiday weekend I wont be available for any riding, as I'll be getting pretty hammered at Reading Fest! Though I'm sure we're more than likely to have another ride out before then.
Old 29-07-07, 10:37 PM   #76
Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASM-Forever View Post
I didnt see the actual incident....just his bike very close to the hedge/verge. At the end of the day him and bike are fine and thats what matters. Perhaps the TV area roads were too much for a GM ruffian

For anyone interested Mr.Porsche took offence to Nick overtaking him(perhaps jealous of the inadequacies of his £50k piece of scrap metal) and decided to take it out on SDMF by making like he was letting him pass....then swinging out and trying to hit him . Gary and myself both gave him the though
The incident? hmm.... just remember the back squirming a bit too much on approach for me to tip it in, and ended up going very slowly in the opposite lane. I wasn't even braking as hard as I was in other corners. Pretty lucky there wasn't any oncoming traffic.

That Porsche driver. Grrr.... Tried the same indicate left, move left to the verge trick on me like I was blind and didn't see what happened a few seconds before. Yeah, I did indicate that I didn't need his help moving through traffic when he looked back in his mirror.

As for possible meet locations decisions, I would like to bring attention that the GM have an alternative fortnightly meet at the Ely pub, Blackwater, Camberley 7 miles south of Bracknell.
Old 29-07-07, 10:48 PM   #77
Jelster

Sorry I missed this guys, but seriously, my head really hurt this morning. I think it was down to the tequila

If anyone fancies a mid week ride, there's a few cafe's in Henley (now known as "Henley Under Thames" ) that open until later in the evening (Cafe Rouge comes to mind) and that's not a bad spot for most.... Other than that, the BP garage down the road from Fox's is a "Wildbean Cafe", so that has potential also..

Would possibly be up for this, but not Thursday evening.

Apester, would be good to see you mate, seems like ages....

Old 30-07-07, 10:58 AM   #78
ASM-Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Law View Post
The incident
I 'sexed' it up to make it appear more interesting
Old 30-07-07, 11:38 AM   #79
StreetHawk

ASM - It's James and Gary who are to blame for the pacey ride up to Fox's.. They were pushing me on faster.. Sue them if your bike seizes!

I could be up for a rideout on thursday night? Not definate tho..

Anyone free? Edit - not Jelster then!
Old 30-07-07, 11:40 AM   #80
Jelster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_1871 View Post
I could be up for a rideout on thursday night? Not definate tho..

Anyone free? Edit - not Jelster then!
Nope, Gooners are on the box...