SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Helmets Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on this subject.

Old 28-08-06, 08:25 PM   #1
Moose

Default Anyone got a Shark RSI?

I bought a Shark RSI a few months back and have now used it for hundreds of miles in both rain and shine. Thought I'd share my opinions on this lid...

I know most of you guys seem to prefer Shoei or Arais' but in Norway where I live these lids cost a bomb! (£400 for a Shoei Raid 2, and an Arai from £450 and up) I tried a Raid 2 but the fit didn't suit my bonce. Couldn't afford Arai..

My local dealer put a Shark RSI on my head and it fit perfectly and at £250 the price was right, and a 5 year guarantee hmmmm....!

-The RSI is extremely comfy and the lining easy removed for washing but a little fiddely to put back in at first but gets better with practice.

-Changing visors is a peace of cake thanks to the easy to use release mechanism. No trouble there.

- The ventilation system, which is very good, uses a type of switch, it's quick and easy to use with gloves on. The demist vent button on my helmet suddenly became loose which resulted in the visor misting very quickly. Took it back to the dealer who gave me a new lid, no questions asked!

- The noise level I'd say is average. I always wear earplugs, so that doesn't worry me so much.

I also like the idea of the loose end of the strap being tucked in through a plastic loop to stop it flapping about instead of using velcro.
And last of all the design is pretty cool too!

If there's any interest I'll give an update again in the future....
Old 29-08-06, 10:04 AM   #2
Alpinestarhero

My dad has worn shark helmets for a few years now, and we have bboth been impressed by them. Cheap, good quality, light and comfortable.

Matt
Old 30-08-06, 12:27 AM   #3
asus

Here is mine.. not the best of their helmets, but it seems to work real well.

Oh and it's an RSF21-Bolt
Old 31-08-06, 08:29 AM   #4
Jabba

I have used a Shark S500 for the last 15 months or so.

I know it's cheap (about £95 in the UK) and doesn't have a removable lining, etc., but I really like it and it suits my needs perfectly. Bought another a couple of months ago (before they went out of stock) but haven't worn it yet. One of these, in fact:

I reckon that shark's visor-change system is the best there it.

Crescent Suzuki still have a few lids available from their "Shark Attack" promotion on their website....... half-price Shark lids can't be a bad thing, can it?
Old 01-09-06, 04:26 PM   #5
Moose

Quote:
I totally agree with that....
Old 18-09-06, 11:22 PM   #6
BILLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose
Quote:
I totally agree with that....
I'll second that
Old 28-09-06, 09:25 PM   #7
dazzap

i have a shark s800 brought at £180...i thought not a bad price for shark...its very comfortable and fitss my head just right not puttin preasure on my temples like others did...few probs though...the air vetns get a bit annoyin...an my visor seems to leak and acts like a fish bowl lol