SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

View Poll Results: Is he gonna steal it or buy it?
Steal 12 100.00%
Buy 0 0%
Stop being a pansy and take his money 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22-06-05, 08:02 AM   #1
Stormspiel

Default Would you trust this man???

Bear with me. I am selling my GasGas Txt249 in a local paper and on internet site. I the following email a few days after it launched:

With regard to your item posted for sale , My name is Devis Remon, i residence in Netherland and work for government, I am really extremely interested in purcashing your item,so get back to me with the asking price and if you have any available picture.
Regards.

Hi Devis,

The asking price for the Bike is £1300 but may be prepared to lower it slightly (say £1200)as you ar etravelling that far. That would work out at 1800 Euro at todays rate. I can arrange pictures of the bike for you and will send them tomorrow. Can i just ask how you would collect the bike as i have no means of transporting it to you??

Thanks for your message, I really appreciate your respond. I understand that you are willing to sell your item for £1300 , But I am buying the item from you at the price ,But i will like to inform you that my client is responsible for the payment while my shipper will come to your residence for pick up, so i would really appreciate if you can able to continue this transaction with me, my client owes me £3,500 which can be paid once, so i am using that opportunity to purcashe your item and i wil like you to help me out as same, I want you after you get the payment then forward the balance on it to my shipper, so if you are ready to continue this transaction as a trustworthy human being, provide me with this follows information.
Name:
Address:
City:
State:
Zipcode:
Cel. Phone:
Home. Phone:
So kindly reply me back asap with all this information.

Regards.

Am i setting myself up to get the bike stolen ???
Old 22-06-05, 08:04 AM   #2
Smiffy

Call me suspicious but I think I'd be using the "add to blocked senders" button in outlook.
Old 22-06-05, 08:06 AM   #3
Cronos

Yes. It's a well known con.... avoid like the plague!
Old 22-06-05, 08:07 AM   #4
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

No he is trying to rip you off delete the email and find a geniune buyer

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-05, 08:12 AM   #5
Stormspiel

That's what i was thinking TBH. He's replying at like 4am, 5am in the netherlands The bikes Well secured with the sv in my garage. It's constantly alarmed other than when getting out/ putting away Bikes.
Old 22-06-05, 08:19 AM   #6
Captain Nemo

Luke , dont give him your address,

tell him to **** off, or alternatively tell him that you will use the remainder of his money to buy some A1 grade crystal meth and you will forward him his share of the profits when youve sold it on.

you might be able to shift it when you go to mehico....

i thought6 these kind of emails were just urban myths
Old 22-06-05, 08:19 AM   #7
Saint Matt

I had a few people like that when i wanted to sell my scooter, its not that they are going to steal it, its that they are laundering dirty money. He gives you lots more than the bikes cost via a cheque, money goes into your bank, you give the deliverer cash, and you get left with the money.
Old 22-06-05, 08:27 AM   #8
Jabba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Matt
I had a few people like that when i wanted to sell my scooter, its not that they are going to steal it, its that they are laundering dirty money. He gives you lots more than the bikes cost via a cheque, money goes into your bank, you give the deliverer cash, and.......
And then the bank recalls the cheque - you get left with no bike and no money.

You have been warned.
Old 22-06-05, 08:37 AM   #9
Stormspiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba-the-Hutt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Matt
I had a few people like that when i wanted to sell my scooter, its not that they are going to steal it, its that they are laundering dirty money. He gives you lots more than the bikes cost via a cheque, money goes into your bank, you give the deliverer cash, and.......
And then the bank recalls the cheque - you get left with no bike and no money.

You have been warned.
methinks i'll tell him i can only take cash as i don't have a bank account. See if he bogs off
Old 22-06-05, 08:40 AM   #10
thor

You think he is in the netherlands... LMAO!