SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 23-02-06, 08:08 PM   #1
Robbo_

Default Picking new bike up tomorrow....

2003 GSXR600 Can't wait! Although I hope its not snowing like it was today where I am or it's gonna be some experience, given that the only bike I've ridden is a load of crappy 50's, the test bikes and my lovely SV.

Old 23-02-06, 08:23 PM   #2
Toypop

Nice. How much did sir pay for that if I may ask? Mileage etc?

Been thinking about it....my insurance should be cheaper come the summer when I get some more NCB.

Of course for insurance reasons I'd want an unmodded version and the white wheels give me nightmares as they must looks rubbish unless its just been washed and you really gotta work hard cleaning that back wheel! My black rear wheel goes from gloss to mat in about 30 miles....
Old 23-02-06, 08:25 PM   #3
Robbo_

Bit more than I'd have liked, £3950 from a dealer with 9100 miles on it. There are cheaper around but I'm impatient!
Old 23-02-06, 08:26 PM   #4
Toypop

Nah sounds pretty consistent with what I've been looking at actually.

Bit of an awkward price point though I am finding. Kind of at a point where you would want Comprehensive insurance but you ain't sure that its worth it over the cost of TPFT.

Hmm wonder what I'd get PX on mine lol
Old 23-02-06, 08:29 PM   #5
GC-SV

Good luck on the new Bike.
Old 23-02-06, 08:29 PM   #6
Robbo_

Well I've had to take TPFT insurance, just can't afford comprehensive with the purchase of the bike. I really hope I don't bin it

FYI they offered me £2500 trade in on my bike (its currently in the for sale section)
Old 23-02-06, 08:31 PM   #7
rwoodcock01

Enjoy her mate, she looks like a nice bike, and no doubt your be having fun with her!

Cheers

Rich
Old 23-02-06, 08:31 PM   #8
Toypop

Stupid boy, recommend that you delete some of the detail from that last statement!

Still that means I should get 3k for mine with 2k on the clock?
Old 23-02-06, 08:33 PM   #9
Robbo_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toypop
Stupid boy, recommend that you delete some of the detail from that last statement!

Still that means I should get 3k for mine with 2k on the clock?
Why, I've got nothing to hide? Its well known that a dealer will make at least £500 on a trade in. £2500 is book price for a trade in on a 2003 SVS.
Old 23-02-06, 08:36 PM   #10
Toypop

Cos anyone buying your bike will know to just offer you £50 more than you were offered as px which is a lot less than ur asking price.

I did that when I bought my Bandit. Said to the bloke "so what did Honda offer you as a px?". £1800 he said (was asking for £2100). So I offered him £1850 and got it. I had only been planning on knocking him down to £2000 cos it was an absolute minter so the bloke just lost himself 150 notes.

Was so funny cos the bloke I bought my last car off made the same mistake.

Won't be a problem if you get interest from a number of buyers who will compete for it but if not...