SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 21-08-17, 08:45 AM   #4851
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maviczap View Post
Teenagers who think having a party until 1 in the morning in a hotel is ok. No night porter here, so it's really only a big guest house.

Running down corridors shouting screaming banging doors. Feck off. Rent a feckin house next time.

Although I think that's what I'll be doing next time, it'll be cheaper

Happens more and more these days - people just don't know how to behave and don't give a damn about others. A toxic mix.

Lady Poppy stayed in a lovely hotel in Worcester for two nights earlier this year and was kept awake by rowdy cricketers in the next room having a gang bang with some ladies of limited virtue on the first night, and a family party that transferred from the function room to the very same next room at midnight and carried on to gone 4am on the second night. The staff were ineffective both nights in stopping the disturbances and after a lot of arguments at reception on checkout there was no fee for the total lack of sleep.
Old 21-08-17, 11:33 AM   #4852
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Virgin internet down since Friday evening till late sunday night and patchy even this morning, ruined the recordings of WSB and BSB highlights I had programmed in on Eurosport (completely pixelated) - one of the BSB recordings was of the snooker! Hope it settles down soon.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Last edited by SV650rules; 21-08-17 at 11:35 AM.
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-17, 10:11 PM   #4853
BanannaMan

Solar Eclipses.

If you've seen one you've seen them all.
Supposed to be 90 to 95 percent of the sun covered where I live which translated to the sun being about 40% dimmer, maybe less.

Underwhelming to say the least.
Looked like every other eclipse I've seen just looking around at ground level.
Not as dark as a rainy day.

I hope for the sake of those who traveled to where it was 100%, it was more exciting there.

"The Mountains are calling and I must go"

Last edited by BanannaMan; 21-08-17 at 10:22 PM.
BanannaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-17, 01:35 AM   #4854
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanannaMan View Post
Welcome to the Trumpian Empire!
You should be fine as long as you are not traveling with anyone who even remotely looks to be Muslim.
Or Mexican.
Or Gay.
Or Liberal.
Or Democrat.
Or you mind being groped or sexually harassed. (Apparently it's a thing among American Conservatives)

However, on a more positive note, Swastikas, flaming torches and White Supremacists are always welcome!
So travelling with a Brazilian who could be mistaken for a Mexican and ordering a Muslim mall in flight to avoid pork were bad ideas? Can't believe it took 3 hours to get through immigration. I'm traveling with a bricklayer, I thought they got fast tracked in to start building a wall.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Old 22-08-17, 06:47 PM   #4855
Chris_SVS

Eejits in cars with no headlights on meant a new game called overtaking roulette, nobody knew if a stealth automobile would appear out of the fog
Chris_SVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-17, 07:23 PM   #4856
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_SVS View Post
Eejits in cars with no headlights on meant a new game called overtaking roulette, nobody knew if a stealth automobile would appear out of the fog
Amazing that some people put on every light the vehicle has at the first sign of mist, but others will drive in fog with no lights. But following the rule that you should only overtake within the limit of your vision, don't overtake in fog unless the vehicle is stationary (but even then only when you can see).

I can remember when we had smog, which you literally could not even see the kerb, and any part of your face not covered would be black as a coal miner. Modern fog is nought but mist.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Last edited by SV650rules; 23-08-17 at 07:46 AM.
Old 22-08-17, 07:49 PM   #4857
Chris_SVS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650rules View Post
Amazing that some people put on every light the vehicle has at the first sign of mist, but others will drive in fog with no lights. But following the rule that you should only overtake within the limit of your vision, don't overtake in fog unless the vehicle is stationary (but even then only when you can see).

I can remember when we had smog, which you literally could not even see the curb, and any part of your face not covered would be black as a coal miner. Modern fog is nought but mist.
One car and a crane passed on clearest part of road, no view for most of the 17mi trip. It's a risk regardless, never truly know what will appear out of the fog, some road users are frightfully retarded
Chris_SVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-17, 08:13 PM   #4858
Red ones
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650rules View Post
any part of your face not covered would be black as a coal miner.

Sounds like a good reason to wear a burka.
Red ones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-17, 08:47 AM   #4859
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_SVS View Post
It's a risk regardless, never truly know what will appear out of the fog, some road users are frightfully retarded

So many cars now have automatic headlights that drivers forget they can manually turn them on. The sensor does not judge visibility, only lumens, which is very different in conditions like mist. Not realising this is pure laziness by drivers and should be punished severely. Except we have almost no police on the roads now so they'll never get caught... It's a vicious circle.
Old 23-08-17, 10:15 AM   #4860
SV650rules
Mega Poster

I have regularly seen information from USA that since more 'driver aids' such as auto collision avoidance braking, lane departure warning, speed limit sign recognition etc etc that accidents have INCREASED by 15% since 2014. The more so called aids you fit the less attention drivers pay. Will post some links when I can get back onto my computer.

The law of unintended consequences applies for sure.