SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Exhausts Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on this subject.

Old 17-06-07, 10:13 AM   #1
Radu

Default What should I choose?

Ok, so i just got me a '99 SV650s (it's yellow, so carbon fiber would go best with it) and I'm looking for some good cans. I've done a bit of snooping around on this section of the forum (actually i've read about every post/thread)

My first two options are Yoshimura Tri-Oval TRS and Two-Brothers (the M5 canister!!!! - high mount)

I'm obviouslly not looking for performance, just looks and (great) sound. This is how Two Bros. sounds like, by the way (the M2 canister): http://www.twobros.com/Cust_Service/..._SV650-TBR.wav

But i'm not discarding other options. I've seen a lot of Renagade, Fuel, M4 cans on most SVs in the UK. Are the any good? I've also heard Leo Vince (crappy), Akrapovic (the same) and GPR. These last 3 haven't impressed me.

Oh, and are there any dual-underseat exhaust out there?

I've also seen a couple of threads, in which it said CF cans were not recommanded for twins. What's the deal??

Thanks in advance for your answers.
Radu

Last edited by Radu; 17-06-07 at 10:25 AM.
Old 18-06-07, 08:44 AM   #2
gettin2dizzy

Default Re: What should I choose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radu View Post

Oh, and are there any dual-underseat exhaust out there?
Renegade do them, Carbon Can company also do custom exhausts. Ixil do twin cans, but i don't think they're underseat, and Mivv do a really nice pair.

I've also seen a couple of threads, in which it said CF cans were not recommanded for twins. What's the deal??
The vibration is meant to break down the CF in twins. However a decent cf can will stand up to it on an SV.

Thanks in advance for your answers.
Radu

that one looks ace!
any can should sound good. If you're looking for a deeper tone look at CCC and remus
Old 18-06-07, 04:27 PM   #3
Radu

Ok, thanks for the info!

The truth is I might be tempted by a dual (not necesserly underseat) but, to be honest, I never heard of Renegade or CCC. I intended to get my cans from my dealer from the US (they have about 15 brands, and of course, i have a big discount there) but i'm pretty sure they don't have the above mentioned brands in stock.(not even Ixil or Mivv) Should I reconsider Ebay? How much to these exhaust cost? (an aproximate value please) And if you have any pics, I would appreciate it. Google doesn't seem to give that many results.

Cheers!

Old 18-06-07, 04:45 PM   #4
Rich
Mega Poster

How about these little puppies, i'd have these if i could afford it. They're called Laser 'X-treme'!! About £600 for full system though !!!!

Heres a link to their website, http://www.laserexhausts.com/en/modu...-exhausts.html

Old 18-06-07, 07:47 PM   #5
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Those lasers look a bit long to me. Do they do a stubbier version?
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-07, 07:52 PM   #6
Rich
Mega Poster

No thats the only ones i have found, im sure they'd make them smaller for you if you asked. After all they are £600, i'd want them to be perfect. I like them but i can see what your saying. And i've just realised that they only do these for pointies, sorry Radu!!!!!

Just found a link on the tube with a video of them http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zd7BoulYYvU

Last edited by Rich; 18-06-07 at 08:00 PM.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-07, 08:41 PM   #7
Radu

They sound and look preety good (although i'm not such a big fan of titanium cans) There only one problem. From what i've read, this was a limited edition for the SV650s for just one year, it's named 'SV650s Laser Extreme'. This exhaust doesn't quite fit on my '99 model
Old 18-06-07, 09:08 PM   #8
mattSV
Mega Poster

No real problem with carbon cans on a twin so long as you buy decent quality and get them repacked every 5k miles or so.

Renegade make great quality cans with awesome sound - and they do underseat cans:-

2013 - 2016 Triumph Explorer 1200
2016 - Ducati Multistrada DVT S
mattSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-07, 09:12 PM   #9
Radu

Oh baby, that hits the spot! Too bad about the passenger foot pegs... but what the heck!!

How much? And where could I find these?

Last edited by Radu; 18-06-07 at 09:49 PM.