SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 16-03-09, 07:52 PM   #1
muffles

Default 750 set up @ Steve Jordan's

Took the 750 down to Sarah & co's on Saturday to get the ECU remapped. Bike is standard apart from a full (US) Yoshi R-77 system in stainless steel (Sarah mentioned the Ti system actually gave more power).

Headline figures: 128hp up to 130hp at the wheel (both with the full exhaust on, as I fitted it prior to the remap, so no chance to see standard power I'm afraid).

The full throttle line seemed like it wasn't too bad initially, although it was running lean lower down the revs, but got some real gains on part throttle (got graphs for 25%, 50%, and 75% for your perusal).

I had a look around on Gixerjunkies for figures other people had got for 750s on Dynapro dynos (I know, I know, the absolute figures don't really mean anything, it's the gains that show you more - but I couldn't help checking!). I saw a couple around 132hp at the wheel but with a full exhaust + filter - I'm not sure how much effect the filter will have. Outside of Dynapro dynos, I saw some quite wildly varying figures - from 123hp at the wheel for a standard K8, to 138hp at the wheel for a full exhaust/filter/PC3 K4 or 5.

I think the figure I've got is pretty much expected given the dyno, and the mods, so all's good

What difference did I feel? I only had the ride home to really try it out, as most of the riding I've done since was town riding & not really suited to testing out the difference
But in the short bits of open road before I hit London again, I can say it did feel a bit livelier. I wasn't going full throttle so I am guessing this is some of the impact of the part throttle remapping. Looking forward to trying it out properly, here are some graphs!

Full throttle:

75% throttle:

25% & 50% throttle:
Old 16-03-09, 08:02 PM   #2
fatneck

Default Re: 750 set up @ Steve Jordans

What year bike have you got again?
Old 16-03-09, 08:10 PM   #3
ThEGr33k

Nice. The numbers dont mean a great deal when you compare them mate, so dont The 138 run might not be because it is a better engine, a little playing with the dyno could be the reason for this!!!

Nice curves there though mate
Old 16-03-09, 08:51 PM   #4
muffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatneck View Post
What year bike have you got again?
2008 - was only really comparing the graphs to K4 on, as the engines I thought were supposed to be broadly similar...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThEGr33k View Post
Nice. The numbers dont mean a great deal when you compare them mate, so dont The 138 run might not be because it is a better engine, a little playing with the dyno could be the reason for this!!!

Nice curves there though mate
Yeah I know what you mean, I just did it out of curiosity - on the same dyno (Dynapro) I only saw up to around 132hp, and I think Sarah actually commented on GJs how the other brand (Dyna-something?) tended to read 5-6hp higher. 130hp at the wheel is plenty for me lol!
Old 16-03-09, 08:56 PM   #5
fatneck

130, thats a serious amount of power!
Old 16-03-09, 09:04 PM   #6
muffles

Quote:
130, thats a serious amount of power!
A bit too much for my commute, I think I realised today (normally I commute on a CBR600F). Basically you have to pootle everywhere, any significant twisting of the right grip sees silly speeds on the speedo, I'm too in fear of losing my licence!! CBR is much different and allows you a bit of revs before you're going crazy.
Old 16-03-09, 09:22 PM   #7
fatneck

Is there any part of you that would rather be on the CBR when you're out blasting on a Sunday? Just so you can give the throttle a good twist as opposed to keeping the bike in check so much?

Or am I talking silly...?!
Old 16-03-09, 09:28 PM   #8
muffles

Quote:
Is there any part of you that would rather be on the CBR when you're out blasting on a Sunday? Just so you can give the throttle a good twist as opposed to keeping the bike in check so much?

Or am I talking silly...?!
Talkin' silly

I commute through London so basically it's all 30 zones & traffic lights & junctions...that's really why you have to pootle everywhere...out on the open road, it's lovely!
Old 16-03-09, 10:15 PM   #9
fatneck

...is the correct answer!

So do you ever think about swapping the CBR for something a bit more suited to London commuting - a DRZ400 or something naughty like that?? So many questions!
Old 17-03-09, 08:34 AM   #10
muffles

Quote:
...is the correct answer!

So do you ever think about swapping the CBR for something a bit more suited to London commuting - a DRZ400 or something naughty like that?? So many questions!
Wouldn't mind one *as well*, but I wanted to keep a decent faired bike around for a couple of reasons - first, when travelling outside of town in crappy weather (I'm a tart and like to keep the 750 clean given I have 2 bikes!) and second, I want a bike to eventually take on track and not worry too much if I break it. I really need to get out on track, lol.

So you interested in changing to a 750 then? They are on 0% finance at the mo...